Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Cubase: Recording and Mixing Let's talk about CUBASE!

• This topic has 115 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Ludo Charpentier.
Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Chris Selim
    Keymaster

Welcome to PLAP David, good to meet other Cubase users. Yes, Artist is a bit limited but more than enough for most music productions. I started with SX2 and Cubase did sooo much improvement since then... really like where Cubase is headed. 🙂

David Lees
      Participant

Yes I think steinberg really listen to the user feedback for feature updates. I quite like the cubase hangout on their youtube channel. I learned a lot of short cuts I didn't know about. I find making macros very useful. Artist is good enough for me, it doesn't have variaudio but people should learn to play in time anyway! the vst's are better than I had on v5. I love retrologue, quadrafuzz 2 and the compressors. I think the full version has a better reverb but I found a great free vst3 convolution reverb Halls of Fame. Comes with about 10 nice IRs.

Rob Simpson
        Participant

Yep. Here it is....Cubase 10. Anyone jump in yet?

David Lees
          Participant

Not felt I was wishing I had anything yet that's not already in artist 9 but I really like how they have added features people ask for on their youtube channel.

Rob Simpson
            Participant

I know what you mean. I'm still on PRO 8.0.3, and it's great. But, I imagine I'll make the jump sometime soon.

Chris Selim
              Keymaster

Yes, I installed it last night. There are some very good features on this version. I will talk about my top C10 features on my next Youtube vid 🙂

You guys probably watched most of the videos out there about C10. If so, what feature(s) seems appealing for you?

Laurence Coch
                Participant

Installed it yesterday have not played too much but as in the past I had to manually move my settings from 9.5 I wish they would fix that in there upgrade process otherwise I like the new features

Kip
                  Participant

I think the streamlined variaudio will be cool and the strip channels are now even more handy that all the controls are available

Rob Simpson
                    Participant

I use variaudio a lot, so the workflow improvements they've done has immediate appeal. How's the overall efficiency factor? (I seem to remember Steinberg improved things going into 9?)

Rob Simpson
                      Participant

Yes about having to manually move settings. Last time, I created my own instructions on how to do that, so I wouldn't have dig through the manual....or contact tech support.

Renato Cachina
                        Participant

Hi Chris,
                          I just joined the PLAP Academy. However I use Cubase as well and really appreciate your channel. Especially when it comes to your discussions regarding workflow and Cubase tips. Most recently, I enjoyed your Mix Your Vocals series. Good stuff!

Just got Cubase 10 Pro installed (keeping 9.5 installed as well since I've had a few crashes already). I like the new workflow improvements (channel strip, settings, and even the Audio Export update). Would love to improve my VariAudio skills though and there is a better workflow for that as well.

Anyway, I look forward to learning more and having discussion with you and other members!

- Renato

Rob Simpson
                          Participant

Owww. Crashes. I suppose that's to be expected any time we're on version X.0.0.

Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 116 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.