Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Cubase: Recording and Mixing Let's talk about CUBASE!

• This topic has 115 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Ludo Charpentier.
Viewing 12 posts - 85 through 96 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    William Clark
    Participant

Hey Chris
      I've seen a few of your videos on cubase...nice work and thanks for the tips. I have been using Cubase since 2003 and am using a Motu 896 as the interface. I recently upgraded to 9.5 and both are rock solid. If you're ever planning on being in or around Winnipeg let me know.

Bill Clark
      Moon Tango Audio

Chris Selim
      Keymaster

@kip Which video are you referring to? If you're talking about using the DSP mixFX with Cubase, you need a Steinberg interface.

Chris Selim
        Keymaster

@Bill Nice to meet you, Bill! Motu 896 and C9.5 looks like a nice fit. I've been to Winnipeg once. back in 1999 🙂

Kip
          Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqW5hwFSqkA

thats the video i watched i was looking at new interfaces that might be able to use this hardware tab... my old motu is in need of retirment

Chris Selim
            Keymaster

If you're looking for a high-end interface, check this one out
              https://new.steinberg.net/axr4/?_sp=702d88bd-356f-4f1f-8c44-0398bc0c081c.1552524613008
              It's new from Steinberg and it has the new dspMixFx system that looks pretty cool.
              I didn't try it yet though.

Chris

VHT
              Participant

Hi Chris

I have a question. I record and mix with Cubase 9.5 Artist, but there is a limit of 64 audio tracks. Some multitracks exceed this amount. How would you tackle this problem?

Chris Selim
                Keymaster

@VHT In this case, I suggest you pre-mix some of these tracks together in one stereo track, like Drum Overheads, stacked guitars or stacked doubled back vocals, etc... to then import them back in your session. Like any analog mixer would do when working on a analog console which is also limited with X amount of tracks 🙂

VHT
                  Participant

@Chris Selim Thanks for the fast response! I'm gonna try this method. As a fellow Cubase user I just love your videos, they're really comprehensible... even as a beginner 😀

Greetings from Belgium!

VHT
                    Participant

Hi Chris

I have another question, this time about the routing in Cubase Artist 9.5. If I make an FX track, for example: reverb for the drum bus, I can't route it to the Mix drum bus. It can only be routed to the master bus. I've seen in your template that it's possible to do so. But when I click on, for example: the NY Comp routing (which goes to the Mix drum bus) it immediately switches to the master bus and I can't go back to routing it to the Mix drum bus. Is there a way to solve this, or is it better to use group tracks instead of FX tracks?

Chris Selim
                      Keymaster

@VHT Good question, I think I'm gonna do a quick video on this.
                        Yes, don't use FX tracks but go with Group tracks for your FX, that will solve the routing problem.
                        In reality, using a Group track for this will do the same thing as an FX track

🙂

Chris

Rob Simpson
                        Participant

Hi Chris.

I am unclear about the routing within a channel.

I want to create a channel send going to a new (parallel) channel and I want this send to be pre-fader, pre EQ, and pre-inserts. Do I need to do anything special to make this happen? Thanks....you're the man!

Chris Selim
                          Keymaster

@Rob Simpson Yes, to send a signal "Pre-Fader" make sure you click on "Move to Pre Fader" from the Send slot... But to send a signal Pre-Insert, that will not do it.
                            In this case, just duplicate your track and use this one as the parallel channel. You can also use that Duplicated track to send the signal to several parallel channels by Routing the output to "No Bus" and use the "Sends" only. Hope that helps!

Viewing 12 posts - 85 through 96 (of 116 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.