Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Cubase: Recording and Mixing Let's talk about CUBASE!

• This topic has 115 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Ludo Charpentier.
Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Renato Cachina
    Participant

Yes, the crashes all occurred after opening up an existing project that had some kind Cubase channel settings (EQ, etc). Maybe its due to the new channel updates or the usual third party plugin incompatibility. Otherwise its been pretty solid for a Cubase update. I'm loving it... a lot of small things that I was looking for.

Laurence Coch
      Participant

One thing i seemed to notice was when I added a UAD plugin i could not use it it was greyed out so to speak I think this only happened on group channels I updated the UAD software and that seemed to fix it but after leaving the project open for a while I notice it again. Closing and re opening cubase fixed the issue. Come on 10.1

Chris Selim
        Keymaster

Hey Ronato, welcome to PLAP and thanks for following me on my Youtube channel. Happy you enjoyed the last series 🙂

Chris Selim
          Keymaster

Hey guys,

Here's my latest vid, all about Cubase 10.
            https://mixdown.online/en/5-reasons-why-you-should-upgrade-to-cubase-10/

Hope you enjoy!

Rob Simpson
            Participant

Your video nailed the new features I'm really looking forward to. Plan to upgrade next month,...around the time 10.0.1 rolls out 😉

Chris Selim
              Keymaster

Thanks Rob 🙂
                That's about right, 10.0.1 should be out by then 🙂

David Lees
                Participant

Great videos Chris, man it looks cold where you are!

John Gleason
                  Participant

I just upgraded to Cubase 10 and received 10.0.5, dated 11/1/2018.

Renato Cachina
                    Participant

Thats the same version that I have as well which was downloaded on the day of release. Usually I remember that there are around 4 or so updates before x.5 version comes out... 10.0.1, 10.0.2, 10.0.3, 10.0.4, etc... So apparently it was born updated.

Renato Cachina
                      Participant

Hey Chris, thanks for the welcome!

I completely agree with your 5 reasons to upgrade to Cubase 10. Personally I think the VariAudio update alone was worth the move from 9.5 Pro ($99). I was having a hard time using it previously workflow wise. Being that I wasn't using it enough. Now I find it much easier to get in and get out.

I have run into some funky but small bugs and the occasional crash but it looks like these may be due to third party plugins... changing sound presets in Arturia V Collection 5 & 6 sporadically crashed Cubase. Another strange one (but not crucial) is that when you click on the icon to display the version of a Waves plugin which opens a window - that window does not close... and every-time you try to close it you open a new one. So you have to restart Cubase to get rid of them.

Rob Simpson
                        Participant

ha....Like the Boss....Baby we were Born to be Updated.

Chris Selim
                          Keymaster

@David Lee, yes sir, cold but warm in the studio 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 116 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.