Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Producing A Song With... "Side by Side" - The Workday Release

Tagged: 

• This topic has 104 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Kyle Jedrusiak.
Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Kip
    Participant

i love compression ..i love reverb... prolly too much
      but the vocal with breaths loud as the voice is distracting i love the tone, love the verb,
      i think your on to something but try to back it off and still keep that emotion you have made

Kip
      Participant

wow vocal is 3d and rich
        if you dont add any other elements that guitar could use more body but if its gonna be in a denser mix i bet its perfect
        nice
        the delay throws were a surprise
        good work

Kip
        Participant

great work
          wish i could add drums and strings like that

Kip
          Participant

wow so pro sounding
            im not much for a blues based inspired stuff
            but you my friend have some bad ass skills
            very nicely done

Chris Mataran
            Participant

Hi Kip
              Thanks a lot. Feedback much appreciated
              I'm still working on the guitar part, your remark is more than right.
              Regarding the delay on vocals, I stole a secret from Chris Lord Alge 🙂 and I used the fantastic UAD Cooper Tube delay plugin.
              Et voilà!

Brian for President
              Participant

Thanks a lot, Kip! Yeah, I tried to grow the music as the vocals went in for the bridge. AS you said, it may have crowded it a bit, but glad you like it! Have a good week!

Brian for President
                Participant

Nice work, Jake! I'm hearing some nice motown vocals in the BG, maybe a quintet? That would rock. Still, it's great as-is. 🙂

Levis Arts Stedham
                  Participant

My take on this great song. I really didn't think it needed to much but I did want to try to follow along with his singing style (not a style I'm very used to). My old MXL 770 really isn't that great but alas I think it came out pretty good.

Glad I could take part in this adventure with you all!

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/367878929" params="color=#bea5a4&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true&visual=true" width="100%" height="500" iframe="true" /]

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Levis Arts Stedham.
                    • This reply was modified 6 years ago by Levis Arts Stedham.
                    Jason Davenport
                    Participant

Hey Levi, I think you have a cool idea here with the extra vocals, but maybe need to tighten them a little. Like your guitar ideas, they remind me of The Presidents Of The United States Of America... You're off to a great start, but the vocals definitely need some attention. Good work!

Chris Mataran
                      Participant

My take with the drums, I build the mix step by step, not yet a producer approach by the way.
                        I used Superior Drummer 3 and the tracker function, it's quite amazing. I used a 70's tight kit which I blended with the original take.
                        I worked a little bit on the guitar too, not quite satisfied yet I didn't find the sound I'm looking for.
                        There is no automation yet, I'm waiting for the rest of the tracks.

Still a pleasure to work on a great song.
                        Cheers

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/368687957" params="color=#ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

Chris Mataran
                        Participant

Hi Jake,

Great mix and production, very creative
                          and ... Wow! pretty amazing sound!
                          Bravo!

Jason Davenport
                          Participant

Here is my version of Side By Side. Went for the full production on this one, kept the acoustic guitar and vocals. I played all other instruments Drums were played on my Novation Impulse 49 using the drum pads, and Addictive Drums 2. Strings were also played on the Impulse using Dimension Pro. Used my Squire P-Bass and DI'ed it through a Presonus tube channel strip. Tracked my Epi Les Paul through a Fender Bassbreaker 18/30 into an SM57, through the same Presonus channel strip. Didn't really have a specific sound in mind, I just let the song tell me what it wanted. Hope you guys like it, and any feedback is appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/user-945216317/the-workday-release-side-by-sidesaltbox-studios-mix

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 105 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.