Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Producing A Song With... "Side by Side" - The Workday Release

Tagged: 

• This topic has 104 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Kyle Jedrusiak.
Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Jason Davenport
    Participant

That's really cool Brian! Love the laid back feel. Nice build up to the bridge. Great work!

Warren Huart
      Keymaster

Hi Brian, I really like some of the programming! It would be good to incorporate them into our mix! Have a marvellous time recording! Many thanks Warren

Warren Huart
        Keymaster

That's a cray arrangement! DUB Baby! Love the creativity! Truly marvellous! Many thanks Warren

Brian for President
          Participant

Thanks a lot, Warren, and glad to hear it!

Have a great rest of the week, and Happy Holidays!

Levis Arts Stedham
            Participant

Figured I'd Give it another go.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/369354617" params="color=#624750&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Levis Arts Stedham.
              Jason Davenport
              Participant

That sounds much better Levi!

Bruce Bush
                Participant

Here's my take on it! Used the initial 2 files (vocal & acoustic tracks) that we were allowed to download. This is not typical of the style of music I try to create, but I thought I'd give it a shot nonetheless. Constructive critiques are welcome! Meant to throw this link in here, and forgot. Sorry 'bout that! 🙂

https://soundcloud.com/aw-dee-0-4u/side-by-side-my-take-on-it

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Bruce Bush.
                  Levis Arts Stedham
                  Participant

This is not typical of the style of music I try to create, but I thought I'd give it a shot nonetheless.

Sounds Great. The pipes are a little loud. Only crit I got for you. Other then that I love it.

Johannes Pott
                    Participant

[quote quote=34524]Hi Guys,
                      I've been working on this song adding few instruments, like drums, bass, strings, piano, organ, tambourine... some electric guitars... this is not by all means finished, but I wanted to share what I have so far. I am attacking the mp3 file. This is still rough, no mixing, just basic balance. Still thinking to add more guitars, a solo in the bridge section, etc.[/quote]
                      HiRicardo. I like your version a lot. It sounds full by not using too much reverbs and delays 😉 , I like that. Your string-parts are nice and are well in the mix.

Johannes Pott
                      Participant

Hi,
                        this is my version. I played real drums und added some stuff.
                        How do you like it?
                        If you want to, I can tell you more about what I've done. But first feel free to criticize (positive and negativ)

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/368111675" params="color=#ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true&visual=true" width="100%" height="300" iframe="true" /]

Niki Pichler
                        Participant

Heho,

here is my production and mix of side by side:

Side by Side (Tokkigo Mix)

I took the original vocals and acoustic, the rest is performed / programmed by me.

I hope you enjoy it and as always i'd love to get feedback!

greetings Niki

Levis Arts Stedham
                          Participant

Wow, I love it. Very nicely done.

Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 105 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.