Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Producing A Song With... "Side by Side" - The Workday Release

Tagged: 

• This topic has 104 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Kyle Jedrusiak.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Matt McQueen

Post your version of the song "Side by Side" by The Workday Release.

If you have not downloaded the tracks for this song, you can get them here.

Brian for President
      Participant

This is my version of The Workday Release - Side By Side made in about 4 hours using the provided vocal and guitar stems via PLAP. The rest of the music is original (including the piano solo near the end). Enjoy, and as always, feedback is welcome!

EDIT: Hey all, I've been asked and have seen additional questions on Facebook and such about the tempo/key/etc, so I thought I'd post it here for everyone. The song is in 6/8 time at 92 bpm in Cmaj. Have fun!

https://soundcloud.com/brianforpresident/workday-release-side-by-side-v2-b4p?in=brianforpresident/sets/the-latest-10-tracks-always-changing

You may have found this first in the feedback forum at the link below, but Matt made this official forum for the project. Thanks!

https://www.producelikeapro.com/forums/topic/workday-release-side-by-side-v2-b4p/

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Brian for President. Reason: key/time/bpm notes
        Jeroen Wolff Wolff
        Participant

Can somebody please post the chords for this song?

Thanks

Travis Sickler
          Participant

Here is my take for Side By Side...... Thanks Warren and David!
            https://soundcloud.com/hidenseekproductions/side-by-side-remix

Dylan Hughes
            Participant

Heres my rough mix so far :
              https://soundcloud.com/user-381004985/side-by-side-work-day-release-acoustic-1

(i did several mixes after this one with more automation to remove breaths n such but i went back to the rough mix i liked the sound of best)

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Dylan Hughes.
              Chris Mataran
              Participant

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/364380809" params="color=#ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

I have kept it as it is, a great acoustic "old school" song (well I added just a tiny effect). I can't wait for the next stage 🙂
                David is a great singer!
                Cheers!

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Chris Mataran.
                Dylan Hughes
                Participant

uh, you stole my image lol ! : P ... make your own please, it took me a while to make that. produce one like a pro yaself ! thanks you.

Chris Mataran
                  Participant

Hi Dylan,

My deepest apologies, I thought it was the one to use for the song.
                    I'll change it right now and do my own
                    Chris

Dylan Hughes
                    Participant

Ha ! it is perfectly all swell! : ) its a compliment to me anyway ! but now you have some nice pictures up there on ya soundcloud ! cool ; ) Cheers man ! all the best.

Chris Mataran
                      Participant

Thanks, all the best to you too! 🙂

- -
                        Participant

Hi Guys,
                          I've been working on this song adding few instruments, like drums, bass, strings, piano, organ, tambourine... some electric guitars... this is not by all means finished, but I wanted to share what I have so far. I am attacking the mp3 file. This is still rough, no mixing, just basic balance. Still thinking to add more guitars, a solo in the bridge section, etc.

David Donahue
                          Participant

Sounds like it's just CMaj, FMaj7, AMin and GMaj.

David

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 105 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.