Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Producing A Song With... "Side by Side" - The Workday Release

Tagged: 

• This topic has 104 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Kyle Jedrusiak.
Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    David Donahue
    Participant

Just joined. First time working with one of these. Here's what I have so far. Still trying to figure out how I want to treat the last half of the song. Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
      David

Jason Davenport
      Participant

Sounds awesome so far Ricardo!

Daniel Rice Rice
        Participant

I like where you are going with the track. Can't wait to hear more!

Daniel

Daniel Rice Rice
          Participant

David, I like what you've done with the chorus arrangement and am excited to hear the rest. To my ears the lead vocal sounds a little over-compressed, but that could be the sound you're going for.

Daniel

Jake Thorne
            Participant

Hi All,

I just joined the PLAP secret society this week so please forgive any etiquette blunders. Here is my first burnt offering to the community, enjoy and or provide your best Joan Rivers review.

Thanks
              Jake

https://soundcloud.com/user-913054095/workday-release-side-by-side-jtv3

Jake Thorne
              Participant

Yeah just want to pile on, great work Ricardo. Good construction and mix of tones. A fat mix makes it a film score track. Thanks for posting.

- -
                Participant

Jake,
                  I like the "bluesy" feeling you are giving to the song. It sounds like it's finished. Congrats

Jason Davenport
                  Participant

That sounds great Jake! Really like the feel you have going! Fantastic mix too!

Jake Thorne
                    Participant

So nice of you both. I don't know if this is done on this forum or is improper or not but if anyone wants any of these tracks to mess with I'm happy to share them. Thanks again for the comments. I was a bit chicken to make any bold choices right out of the gate but then I never really committed to anything. I probably should have been more decisive. Also I'm kinda thinking the horn parts step on the lead a bit but then when I took them out I felt like I cut a hole in it so I just left it.

I think sometimes you can start out with the end in mind and work to get there. Other times you have to go with what the tune gives you. I didn't really do either this time. Anyway, I look forward to learning from all of you.

Thanks
                      Jake

Kip
                      Participant

brian this is good
                        vocal is perfect gets crowded in the bridge since i was more into what you were playing than the vocal at that point....but i also like the busyness
                        very cool

Kip
                        Participant

david

dude this has this (the sundays) feel ... i love the sundays from the acoustic that comes in
                          the music ending at 1:20 was jarring
                          good so far

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Kip.
                          Kip
                          Participant

travis
                            not sure it fits the vocal
                            but those backing tracks are sick ...mucho respect
                            nicely done

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 105 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.