Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Competitions (Mixing, Songwriting, etc.) Puremix Mixing Competition โ€“ Deadline April 11th

• This topic has 70 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Steve A.
Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Tobi
    Keymaster

I've enjoyed every minute of it! Learned loads. Fantastic to be working creatively and connecting with creative people.

Steve A
      Participant

Thanks for the feedback Toby! That's exactly the stuff I needed to refine things a bit more before I submit.
        I've got thick skin, so I like hearing good honest feedback.. I hear what you are pointing out now, and will make a few changes.
        About the snare: This song reminds me of "Night Prowler" for some strange reason, so I was going for that type of sound ...probably contributes to the bit of thudy-ness you are hearing... Anyway, thanks again, much appreciated.
        BTW, great mixes from all you guys ..this will be a lot of fun seeing the results of this contest. (I sure as hell wouldn't want to be judging it though.. haha!)
        Cheers, and have a great weekend..
        -Steve A

Tobi
        Keymaster
          Tobi
          Keymaster

Fantastic thread guys! Lots of fun, lots of learning and lots of quality mixes!

There's a remixing competition I won't have a go at. Never remixed anything before, so it'll be good learning experience. I'll start a new thread for it.

Also want to have a go at Warren's new track - sounds really funky!

Ralf Tyra
            Participant

OK, here is my take on this song. I feel like I am about 90% there. Tomorrow I will look for some different effects for the middle 8 section, do some automation, and submit. I am at a point where I cannot listen to this song any longer ... ๐Ÿ˜‰

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/4zawxdj9j1jxpi2/ViFolly_PRINT_07.mp3?dl=0

chris massa
              Participant

Well here it is. Version #5 Please tear into it!

https://soundcloud.com/hrisassa/vifollyfaceyourfearordiemixedbychrismassa/s-0RtUj

Thanks!!

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by chris massa.
                chris massa
                Participant

Toby the Beagle Rocks!

Steve A
                  Participant

I see a couple more have submitted, great job guys!
                    Well, I got tired of messing with it, so here's my submission:
                    https://www.indabamusic.com/opportunities/puremix-mixing-competition/submissions/98595de8-fe91-11e5-bfcf-0e3dc18e16fd

TGMIX
                    Participant

Great job here everyone! Really enjoyed everyone's mixes and really appreciated all the feedback. What a great learning opportunity we have here!

TGMIX
                      Participant

And yes I agree with Anders. Special shout out to Toby for the marvelous constructive criticism!

Tobi
                        Keymaster

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it ๐Ÿ™‚ Had a great time and learned loads!

Magnus Johansson
                          Participant

Iยดll give this "song" some rest now. Away to record some backvox. I will probably remove the ending before uploading to indaba. Enjoy... or not:)

https://soundcloud.com/wdb/vifolly-fyfod

Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 71 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.