Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations PLAP Production song 2_The Storyteller_150bpm

• This topic has 70 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Arthur Labus.
Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Steve A
    Participant

Thanks for the info Arthur, tomorrow is not practical for me, so I guess I'll wait for #3.
      I'll be watching for it!
      Thanks again.
      Cheers
      -Steve

Cris Sabater Sabater
      Participant

Hi guys, today is the final day of the production process for PLAP Production 2. I only posted the links up for ten days so I will see if I can post for longer next time! Once tomorrow comes I will check to see what I have in the studio and choose what I want as the final arrangement and then do a rough mix. After that it will be offered up for the mix week!

Cheers guys,

Cris

Arthur Labus

Hi Cris, just making final of my drum track. Be sure i'll upload it today !

Arthur Labus

Here we go:

Drums, close mics, ready mixed (optional)
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8rv5etree4bz0r/DRUMS_close_mics-Production2-BPM150-Arthur_Labus.wav?dl=0
            Drums, room mics, ready mixed (optional)
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ja9mv38v18m07t/DRUMS_room_mics-Production2-BPM150-Arthur_Labus.wav?dl=0

Drums, close mics, single tracks as ZIP file
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9oon65h4wqvkba/DRUMS%20Production2%20close%20mics.zip?dl=0
            Drums, room mics, single tracks as ZIP file
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnmm4vddkkpwbdn/DRUMS%20Production2%20room%20mics.zip?dl=0

All tracks are stereo, 48kHz/24bit
            Stereo: panned in common drums perspective.
            BPM 150. Tracks starts exactly at the same point as rough mix from Cris.
            Editing is possible if cutting "at beat"
            Close mics and room mics belongs together. My method so far ist to mix room mics about 3 or 4 dB below close mics.
            I have programmed with really good samples and they are basically ready to mix (eq, compressors, analog and outboard gear and console), so don't "overproduce" the drums 🙂 I usually move only some tracks as timing adjustment between close and room mics.

Any questions ?

As usual have fun ladies and germans 🙂

Arthur

Cris Sabater Sabater
            Participant

Hi Arthur, cheers mate that is great I will download the drums tomorrow as I am busy working today and I will choose all the tracks I want for the final arrangement and produce a rough mix! Then it will be over to you guys for the mixing week!

Cheers mate,

Cris

Cris Sabater Sabater
              Participant

Hi guys, I just got to downloading the files and get the mix setup ready cutting out old tracks and replacing with the tracks that you guys uploaded. I have to say great job guys! Very nice and top quality. I am going to try to start on a rough mix this evening but I doubt I will finish it today as I must go away for a week so I may have to finish it off when I get back. If any of you want to do your own mix in the meanwhile then please go ahead! It sounds very nice though and once mixed will be cool I am sure.

Cheers guys,

Cris

Arthur Labus

Hi Cris, same here - going abroad for next week so i will deeply appreciate a later deadline for mix delivery.
                  And all i wanna do is to mix that track ! 🙂

thedove
                  Participant

Hey Audio Gods

a special treat for Easter ! - It's not a chocolate egg but too much might make you sick !

This is from the original files with some truly oustanding vocals added (cough !) and programmed drums, a bit of cut

and paste and a quote from Revelations - what more do you want from me !!

https://soundcloud.com/craig-dove-4/plap-storyteller-edited-thedove-no-limit

Anders - I told you that underneath all that electronic stuff was the real me !!

Mixing Metal - a lot harder so am not 100% happy - advice please !

Cheers

C

Arthur Labus

Haha, it was my idea ! 🙂 I'll have some spoken words in my mix too 😉
                      I am pretty sure, the end of the solo was not in "original" files (that Eddie van Halen commemoration slide 🙂 ).

If it were my mix, i would try to become more power in the lows. It is very airy and it isn't a compliment 🙂
                      I would also set the vocals back for more balance. But as usual, it is a matter of personal taste.

Another nice one Craig, you have no fear to produce in unusual way and i like it !

thedove
                      Participant

Ha ha !! Well spotted on the solo !! Like i said - cut and paste !!

Vocals - yeah I wasnt sure if they were too hot.

Mixing ? Wow - metal is difficult !!

Cheers Arthur!

C

Arthur Labus

Hi Anders !

You files are not available. Please do it again 🙂
                          Want to play with that cool stuff too !

Anders Isberg
                          Participant

I hope it works now!

http://ovh.to/umMQB

Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 71 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.