Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations PLAP Production song 2_The Storyteller_150bpm

• This topic has 70 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Arthur Labus.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Cris Sabater Sabater
    Participant

Hi guys, I have decided to put forward this song for our second production. It is a Rocker and runs at 150bpm. The view I have is once you have downloaded the tracks mute whatever you want to then track what you want in it's place. I have included the original rough mix that I did.
      I wrote the song but had lead guitar in Brasil, Bass in South Carolina and Organs in Italy. I tracked all other instruments here in London. Have fun with this one it is a beast!
      As per usual we have two weeks from next Sunday on this one so a little more time to spend tracking this time as it has a larger track count. Enjoy!

http://ovh.to/g9SYmr9 This is the link address.

All tracks are consolidated and the is a sole click track that counts in the others.

Cheers guys,

Cris

Arthur Labus

(not) Nice ! 🙂

Nothing to do for me on that one ... sad, sad.

Cris Sabater Sabater
        Participant

Hi Arthur, anything on this song can be thrown out in place of something else! Please don't be put off by the full drums. This is all about collaboration and different ideas from different people. If the genre is not to your liking then that is fair enough but any input will always be gratefully accepted from you!

Cheers mate,

Cris

Arthur Labus

Oh man, that is my genre ! I just like it from the first time !
            OK, i never give up, but honestly - drums are so great, that could be me playing ! (and now stop dreaming :))
            Great track, i wish i could play guitar - i would like to make it instrumental, you know Satriani / Vai like ...

Cris Sabater Sabater
            Participant

Hi Arthur, thanks for the compliments mate that is very kind! Yes we liked it too but you came up with an interesting idea about making it an instrumental with a soloist guitar. Nice idea and something perhaps we could work on. But seriously don't be afraid to mute tracks and put your own stamp on it. And that goes for all instruments in this song! One of the reasons I put this one forward is so that people can play around with arrangement ideas while they are tracking. Good experience for producers and we can learn from each other too.

Cheers mate,

Cris

Anders Isberg
              Participant

Here's a rough mix of a few ideas I recorded for The Storyteller. I'll upload the individual tracks later.

https://soundcloud.com/the-timelike-curves/the-storyteller-anders-ideas/s-dxKHr

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Anders Isberg.
                thedove
                Participant

Hi Chaps

been a bit quiet of late but looking forward to having a go at this - may try to go the full Dio on some lyrics and vocals !

Cris Sabater Sabater
                  Participant

Hi thedove, it would be great to have some vocals put to this! Looking forward to your collaboration.

Cheers mate,

Cris

Cris Sabater Sabater
                    Participant

Hi Anders, for some reason Soundcloud can't find the track. I would love to hear what you have done.

Cheers mate,

Cris

Anders Isberg
                      Participant

Hope it works now. It's not that much, but it's a start. An ostinato guitar part, some atmospheric ebow-ing and synths plus a crappy guitar solo.

Cris Sabater Sabater
                        Participant

Hi Anders, I like the contributions that you have put forward there. I look forward to receiving the individual files. A very good start to what I think will be a fun production to be involved with!

Cheers mate,

Cris

thedove
                          Participant

Hi Chaps

not done any tracking but have been mixing to try and get a monster metal sound. I think I might muck about with the sequence of parts by some judicious cut and paste so that there is a more obvious song structure and see if my new EZ Drummer metal pack can come up with some thunderous modern metal arrangement.

Then of course at some point I might give the banshee wail a go (god knows when but hey..)

Anyway I have been channelling my inner Dio/Maidem/Manowar (seriously dude ?) and come up with some bitchin' lyrics yet to be fully realised.

No laughing at the back please 😉

The Storyteller

Verse 1
                            He rode in a cloud from the west
                            Pages bound in leather black
                            Speaking tales from the past
                            Foreign lands and dragon attack
                            His voice was a cool as the ice
                            Dry as the dust then warm as the sun
                            Believing the words that he said
                            The future, the past, how all had begun

Chorus:
                            Oh the tales that he told
                            The night was filled
                            With his silver tongued gold
                            The Storyteller

Verse 2
                            The fever was deep in eyes
                            We knew what he told to be true
                            Blood of wars on his tongue
                            He felt, he saw, he knew
                            The evil of all the worlds men
                            Violence terror and pain
                            The sound of the sword and the gun
                            Of killing again and again

Cup of tea vicar ?

Cheers

C

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 71 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.