• This topic has 140 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Ross Johnson.
Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Patrik Larsson
    Participant

Hi Serge!

Thank you for listening.

Yes that can really be it, saturation is very new to me and I very well overdone it. Thanks for the tip.

/Patrik!

Patrik Larsson
      Participant

Hi Chris!

Listened on both mixes and for me I Liked the one with TR5 sounded more open in my ears.

Did hear some distortion in the solo part, did you add some there?

Like Serge mention cymbals is almost not heard.

Otherwise I liked the balance and drums sound nice.

Keep up the good work!

/Patrik!

Patrik Larsson
        Participant

Hi Serge!

Must say that I very much liked this mix. Good Job.

Only thing for me was snare was little bit dry for my taste, but that's just me!

/Patrik

Serge
          Participant

Yes, Patrik is one of the components that does not satisfy me, but I was not able to adequately resolve some of these nuances, overreacted in some ways so that the mix did not look like what I wanted to get, in the end, rolled something back and left it as it is.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Serge.
            Patrick Lesser
            Participant

Hey Christopher,

thanks a lot for this detailed analysis of my mixdown. I will hop into the session today and try to fix the boomy thing.

Regarding the loudness: while mixing I'm aiming for about -15LUFS. Have to double-check in special on this track when I'm in the session again. I'm using Youlean for loudness metering and the cubase stock lufs & peak metering.

Cheers Patrick

Frozn Colors
              Participant

hi Serge. thanks a ton for the feedback! and also for the comment on SoundCloud

Frozn Colors
                Participant

hey Patrick. while MIXING why do you measure in LUFS?

Thomas Lyng Poulsen
                  Participant

Hey guys,

I have listened to the versions posted here, and really enjoyed it - what little I had to say was already mentioned in other comments more or less, so I'll spare you my repetitions of points more eloquently stated by others.

In stead, here is my mix for you to offer insights on, so that I can improve!

https://soundcloud.com/pollepoulsen/thomas-lyng-poulsen-patiently-mix?ref=clipboard

All the best!

Thomas

Frozn Colors
                    Participant

Thomas! this is my personal opinion. i'm no expert, make these changes only if you feel so 😀

the drums feel a little harsh and too snappy. the vocal feels like there's only reverb. i don't know if you stereo spread it or it's actually reverb. i wasn't a fan of the balancing-there's nothing to point out, but it feels 'not good' overall. the panning feels nice though. in the choruses, the snare is too loud. i like the addition you have done to the production. and kudos, the cymbals feel good. that was a challenge. however they feel a LITTLE harsh. and a little loud to my taste. and after the solo-the harmonies you flew in? awesome. just turn them down. and the outro vocals could use some processing magic, if you like.

Juan Pablo
                      Participant

Hello everyone!

Well, I'm a bit nervous here. I entered the CLC contest and have no previous experience mixing. I just joined PLAP, but pretty much everything I learned was by watching Warren videos in Youtube. I mix in headphones, don't have studio monitors yet. So, without further ado, here's my (so far) last version of the mix. I'm eager and anxious to hear your comments! 🙂

Krishna Rao
                        Participant

Hey guys!

Magnus thanks for the input I made some changes. Let me know how it sounds now. I honestly dont think I can do anything more on it. Ive reached the point of abandoning the mix and not ruining it.:P

Christopher, I did think about what you said, however I really felt the need to drive the song and well recorded drums always make me happier.:D

https://soundcloud.com/krishna-rao-2/krishna-rao-campaign-like-clockwork-patiently-mix

Serge
                          Participant

Hi Juan, I listened to your mix, I have two notes from me, you can't hear the cymbals in the mix, they need to be brought to the high hat volume level, and the bass is a little bulging, i.e. its level needs to be lowered a little.

PS: actually, I'm not far behind you, I also started mixing quite recently, but I already have simple monitors. So we can say almost on equal terms, good luck.

Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 141 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.