• This topic has 140 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Ross Johnson.
Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Chris Knowles
    Participant

Hi All,

A quick question, the original email stated the following:

·        Submission ends on July 8th, 2020 at 11:59 PM PST. Any tracks submitted after this deadline will be excluded from the contest.

I can't find where they emailed that they were extending the date to the 15th. Does anyone know where that was announced? I could have used a couple of more days to tweak my mix 🙂 Not that it matters much, all things considered I was pretty happy with my final submission given how much I learned during this particular contest when compared with previous ones.

If someone knows, that's great but it not, no worries. I am more concerned that I have something wonky on my email filters ...

Thanks and good luck to all!

Chris Knowles
      Participant

s/but it not/but if not/

Serge
        Participant

Hi Christopher,

all the rules, as well as the deadline for accepting applications, can be found on this page:

https://ratemymix.com/campaign-like-clockwork-patiently-mix-contest/

Chris Knowles
          Participant

Yeah, that doesn't really answer my question of when it changed from the 8th to the 15th but no matter.

Serge
            Participant

I downloaded the multitrack on June 20, the deadline for accepting applications was July 15, and so far, I have a tab with the grafted page fixed in the browser from the day of downloading the multitrack.

Magnus Emilsson
              Participant

Christopher, what email are you referring to as the 'original' email?

I can't find any email with any other date than the 15th of July. But I might not be on all the email lists. They had at least changed it by the 19th of June when I downloaded the multitracks.

/Magnus

Chris Knowles
                Participant

Here you go ... (bolded important parts for emphasis)

From: [email protected] <[email protected]> On Behalf Of Warren
                  Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 3:05 PM
                  To: Chris Knowles <[email protected]>
                  Subject: Campaign Like Clockwork – Patiently Download Link

Hi Chris,

Your link to download the Campaign Like Clockwork – Patiently Multitracks is at the bottom of this email.

Rules:

·        You’re free to choose between mixing this song as is, or crafting a full-blown remix and adding your own production to it.

·        If you choose to submit a remix, please be sure to include at least 2 original production elements in your track (e.g. Vocals & Bass).

·        This is not a loudness competition, all tracks will be level-matched by the judges before listening.

·        Please only submit your track once, multi-submissions will automatically be excluded from the contest.

·        Submission ends on July 8th, 2020 at 11:59 PM PST. Any tracks submitted after this deadline will be excluded from the contest.

·        The winner will be announced via email, as well as on YouTube & Produce Like A Pro the week July 20th, 2020.

How to get in on the fun:

·        Download the Multitracks of ‘Patiently’.

·        Mix the song. Don’t be afraid to come up with something completely different!

·        Bounce your track to a 320kb/s mp3 file. Make sure the file name includes your first- and lastname (e.g. ‘Peter Pan – Patiently Mix.mp3’)

·        Upload your track to Youtube, Soundcloud or another streaming platform of your choosing and use the Tag ‘Campaign Like Clockwork – Patiently Mix Contest 2020’ in the description.

·        Submit your mp3, along with a link to your streaming track to [email protected]. – This is EXTREMELY important. Make sure you send an MP3 along with your Soundcloud OR YouTube link.

·        Please post your Soundcloud Or YouTube Link on the Competition Page and leave a comment on someone else’s mix!

·        Complete your submission before July 8th, 2020 at 11:59 PM PST.
                  Download The Multitracks here

Serge
                  Participant

Hmm, strange on 20 June terms means moved.

Magnus Emilsson
                    Participant

Ok, so now we know it changed between the 17th and 19th, when I got the download email with the changed date. I think it was a typo in the first emails since I'm pretty sure they mention the deadline as July 15th in the announcement video.

/Magnus

Krishna Prasad
                      Participant

https://soundcloud.com/krishna-prasad-4/patiently_like-clockwork

This is my work. I had some issue with Pro Tools and it defaulted all my sends to unity, the moment I bounced it. I know it sounds muddy because of the reverb especially! Would like to know everyone's thoughts on this.

Matthew Bowers
                        Participant

Well done to the winners, I certainly learnt from the experience.

Serge
                          Participant

Look at this situation easier, did what I could, and like it or not, this is always the second thing, because nothing will ever be perfect, there will always be dissatisfied. If the organizers of the competition made a mistake in something, then you, even if you did not win the competition, won the fight with yourself and did something that you did not do before and at the same time got a result with skills. I made my own mix and put it out without much hope, but with pleasure and with results, and this is quite a lot.

In an argument, the winner is not the one who has proved his case, but the one who has lost. The first only shared knowledge and got satisfaction from the victory, but did not really gain anything, and the second, the loser, actually won, because he got new knowledge and new opportunities. 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 141 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.