Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Cubase Who's A Cubase User Here?

Tagged: 

• This topic has 57 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by Shaun Lynch.
Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Jeroen
    Participant

Hey y'all,

I am using Cubase 8.5 at this moment, was playing around with a not so legal copy of SX3 for sometime and bought Cubase Artist 7. I upgraded ever since and when 8.0 came out I upgraded to the pro version.

Jeroen

Tobi
      Keymaster

Hi,

Been using Cubase for 5 years, I think. Started with a bundled in version, I got with my first Audio Interface a 'Tascam US-144MKII' (still use it as a little demo set up in my living room, recording to Audacity). Tried a few other DAWs, Cubase felt the most intuitive to use.

Upgraded to Artist, after 3-4 months and finally upgraded to Pro a year and a half ago. Currently using 8.5. Like other posters, I use UAD, some Waves plugins - I'm really impressed and enjoying playing with with iZotope plugins.

Nathan Kaye
        Participant

I'm a Cubase Pro 8 user. Been on Cubase for a few years. Had the occasional hickups every now and then, but customer service in Australia was great!
          I love the channel strip and particularly love Quadrafuzz V2 - multiband saturation really sweetens mixes.

Those of you using Cubase Pro 8.5 - do you think that the upgrade really worth it from Pro 8?

Lee Hawkins
          Participant

The upgrade is minimal but the cost is a small price to pay. Additional Midi and editing feature plus general upgrades elsewhere (although small). Its probably worth waiting until Cubase 9.0 comes out as that will not be long.

Tobi
            Keymaster

I had a lot of problems with Cubase 8. Whereas I find 8.5 (.15) to be much more stable etc. So for me the upgrade was worth it, but if your version 8 runs okay, you're probably fine as you are.

RE Cubase 9, I might wait until the .5 version, I've found them to be more reliable.

Nathan Kaye
              Participant

Yeah. I was thinking of waiting until 9 and figured that it wouldn't be far off.

Nathan Kaye
                Participant

And thanks for the quick reply guys! I appreciate that heaps! 😀

Arthur -
                  Participant

Hi,
                    started with Cubase on an Atari ST 1040. Dabbled with others, but not long. Running 8.0 Pro. Will upgrade to 8.5 soon.

Cheers

Eric -
                    Participant

Hi,
                      Like you Arthur, started with Pro 24 on Atari 1040. Now I use Pro 8.5

Nathan Kaye
                      Participant

I upgraded to Cubase 8.5
                        It's got a few time-saving/convenience features and seems marginally more stable, but I think that 9 will have better updated features.

Steve Hoggart
                        Participant

Yup I am a Cubase boy made the transition from Pro 24 to Cubase in 1986ish never looked back.

I am on Cubase 8.5.

All just tools at the end of the day though!

Warren Huart
                          Keymaster

I need to go back and check out Cubase, the last time I used it was a LONG time ago when it barely had audio editing capabilities! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 58 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.