Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations Song Idea Multitrack Session

• This topic has 61 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Arthur Labus.
Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Anders Isberg
    Participant

Thanks Toby! Just saw this. I really like the lyrics. Haven't had a chance to listen cause I've been working. Have to wait until tomorrow. If you want to have a go at it just do it Craig!

Tobi
      Keymaster

Anders, glad you like the lyrics - phew! - never written lyrics to someone else's song before.

Had trouble fitting lyrics to the structure at first, but I think it came together nicely. Really wanted to respect what you had created. Kinda 'under wrote' the lyrics and kept them as clean, clear and straightforward as possible, as I felt it suited the feel of the music.

Craig, any questions, variations regarding the lyrics - feel free to ask - never had someone sing anything I've written, so it's kinda exciting! I found the timing on the lyrics tricky. It's a little off the beat. Kept stuttering my way into lines 😉

Arthur Labus

Oh sweet Lord - another cat bites the dust ... 😉

Tobi
          Keymaster

Hey! That's an insult to cats! ...and Queen! 😉

thedove
            Participant

This time i will try a softer approach - so maybe more like a soft toy being mangled?

Cheers

C

Anders Isberg
              Participant

Writing great lyrics is really hard and an artform in itself. Good work Toby!

Looking forward to hear the soft toy being mangled Craig! 🙂

Arthur Labus

I just want to say: great idea, very well done. Nothing to criticize ... except as always: more panning with hats, cymbals and toms 🙂

thedove
                  Participant

Should get the Vox done tonight -will be the first time I will get to use the 5017 pre that i just got so even if I sound crap the signal should be delicious !

Cheers
                    C

Anders Isberg
                    Participant

Mmmm, delicious crap. Can't wait to hear it!

Tobi
                      Keymaster

Oooo....5017. Jealous! 😉 ...Will you be using the 'silk' button?

thedove
                        Participant

You know the expression " you can't polish a turd"......;-)

Cheers

C

thedove
                          Participant

Well here is one...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/awo6x51hlokcgha/PLAP%20Breaking%20Us%20Down%20CDT%20Vox%20Comp.wav?dl=0
                            Cheers

C

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by thedove.
                            • This reply was modified 8 years ago by thedove.
                          Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 62 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.