Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations Song Idea Multitrack Session

• This topic has 61 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Arthur Labus.
Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Anders Isberg
    Participant

Downloaded Craig! Will listen later tonight, got to look after the kids now.

thedove
      Participant

Snuck home early and recorded it before picking his lordship up from Nursery !

Cheers
        C

Tobi
        Keymaster

Craig! Love it! Never heard my lyrics with actual, you know, notes being sung! 😉

Really nice touches in the verses, gives it a bluesy, soulful vibe.

Musically your singing of the outro works great, but the part... 'You know, I know, We've got nowhere to go,' ...is written to mean, 'you know and I know, We've got nowhere to go.' Not, 'you know that I know We've got nowhere to go.'

Does that make sense? 😉 lol! It's such a little thing, but it's central to the story. The lyrics are about that moment when the two of you know, it's over. All that's left, is to accept it.

'If I knew what to say, I'd say it to you, If you knew what to say, you'd say it too' ...are a 'balanced pair' of lines. The lyrics are about, sadness. No more lies, or blame, just the end.

....buuuut, fantastic job. Always been so frustrated by my own crappy voice.... I never get to hear my lyrics sung. This was the first time. And I'll admit, I teared up a little.

And the Neve sounds gorgeous, all warm and analogue - fantastic quality of recording.

Anders?

Arthur Labus

If you want a singer here - all you need is a Craigslist LOL

https://youtu.be/y4sALru9IJk

thedove
            Participant

Notes taken ! - to be honest some of the stuff just comes out as a timing aid. Your lyrics and your story - it's good to have some insight to help me make sense of what it is about - I can take direction !

I'm not 100% happy with this version as I had so little time but if I get a chance later tonight I will have another go.

Will probably have had a bottle or two of "inspiration" so might be a bit more relaxed 😉

Thanks for the feedback - I'm not the worlds greatest singer but I have a voice of sorts - normally it's belting out Who numbers or Thin Lizzy etc so a nice change. This track is right at my "easy" range so I think I might get more "guts" if it was up a step or two.

Also I wouldn't underestimate your abilities as a vocalist - don't have to be a great "singer" to connect

The Neve does sound great - really fat - I should do a comparison.

Tobi
              Keymaster

Your voice is great! Lovely tone for telling stories in song. Really wanna write something for you!

Yeah, I think it's important to give feedback as the lyricist. Buuuut, you've gotta sing it like it's yours. And, of course, if Anders prefers a different vibe... it's his song.

It's really tricky, the composer, lyricist and singer are three different people... it's exciting and inspiring, but it's new territory for me - maybe for you and Anders too.

thedove
                Participant

It's all just learning and trying to get better !

The boy is in bed, I'm having a sandwich and a cheeky cider - will do anther take...

C

Tobi
                  Keymaster

Looking forward to hearing it! 🙂

Anders Isberg
                    Participant

I've listened to the vocals in context now, sounds great as I knew it would. But I think we should go with the initial intent of the lyricist. I also think we should regard this as our song now. The backing track is just an idea that I haven't had time to develop. Everyone who's contributing should have their say, and anyone else can have opinions about how we make it as good as possible. As Craig remarked, It's all about learning and improving. Thank you for the work you've put into it so far guys!

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Anders Isberg.
                      thedove
                      Participant

Didn't happen ( is a 8kid ever in bed!) - will do it soon. Must be some other vocalists out there ?!

Cheers

C

Tobi
                        Keymaster

No worries. 🙂

Anders Isberg
                          Participant

Take your time Craig! We're not in any rush here. No deadlines!

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 62 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.