• This topic has 54 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David Waring.
Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Arthur Labus

Update as Paul said ๐Ÿ˜‰

EDIT: my final submission is below

Paul Motion
      Participant

Hey Arthur, nice work man. Not sure if itโ€™s my ears or not but thereโ€™s some cool effects going on with the panning from either the verbs or delays where it seems to be sucking in and out, stereo to mono, especially at the end.. not sure if thatโ€™s intentional or if Iโ€™ve been smoking something but itโ€™s pretty awesome.
        The vocal level seems a bit uneven for me in places but otherwise great work!

Paul

Arthur Labus

Hmmm, i think we have a runner ๐Ÿ˜€
          Must see what i did there in poarticular.
          You know me, it could be anything ๐Ÿ˜‰
          Definetly not sold to main vocals as well, will try to improve that.
          Thanks Paul and i'll tell you later what i did ๐Ÿ˜€

William shenck
          Participant

lewitt mix contest st Agnes move it like a ghost, mix by the b side studio
            finally got around to this.
            any feedback is greatly appreciated. I do need to trim dead air at end, thank you.
            mix by William at the b side studio

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by William shenck.
            • This reply was modified 4 years ago by William shenck.
            Mark Holden
            Participant

Hello

Just finished a mix of my own. Not quite in the same league as this one Ozibattler sounds fantastic good luck. now to have a listen at some others ๐Ÿ™‚

Mark

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Mark Holden.
              Mark Holden
              Participant

Hello

I got round to putting an entry together only just had a listen to some of the entries here now I'm finished some excellent work Great bass sounds Arthur ๐Ÿ™‚

My entry https://soundcloud.com/mark-h-841120775/lewitt-mixing-contest-move-like-a-ghost-1

Mark

OziBattler
                Participant

Mark, sounds good. I really like the guitar sound. There seems to be some pumping happening when the main vocals come in. Check your Bus compressor if you are using one. You can really hear it on the bass. The bass does sound really good when it is by itself.

Mark Holden
                  Participant

Cheers thanks for the listen

Yes your right thought I'd toned it down enough I guess I just got used to hearing. That's what great about this place those extra ears to keep us on track. What I tired was side chaining the main vox to the bass and gtr to tuck them in a bit as the vocal was getting lost in the outro as the music ramped up.

Cheers
                    Mark

OziBattler
                    Participant

No worries. Iโ€™m very thankful for this community as well. My first mix was a disaster and it took PAul and Ajay to point out the flamming and timing issues. I ended up doing a complete ground up remix.

Arthur Labus

This is my "final". I am tired of this mix ๐Ÿ˜€
                        https://soundcloud.com/geo-catch/saint-agnes-move-like-a-ghost

Mark Holden
                        Participant

Hello,

What can I say it sounds like the band and I don't hear any issues with it. One thing that did cross my mind was this is sounding very safe for an Arthur mix ๐Ÿ™‚ granted the rules did not allow for additions, i guess then we would hear the LabArt treatment.

Mark

OziBattler
                          Participant

Arthur,the mix is really good, but the guys vocals are really low. At 2:18, where he is solo, I can barely hear him.

Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 55 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.