• This topic has 54 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David Waring.
Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Mike Ales
    Participant

Thanks for your input, Shane. I am listening on cheap headphones right now (not in studio), but I will give your mix another listen later 🙂

OziBattler
      Participant
        George Cassidy
        Participant

Hi Folks I just uploaded my mix for the Lewitt contest, Saint Agnes-move like a ghost.
          https://soundcloud.com/george4tape/lewitt-mix-contest-saint-agnes-move-like-a-ghost-mix-george-cassidy

Paul Motion
          Participant

Hey George, firstly welcome if I haven’t already said welcome. 🙂 Secondly, nice work man. Vocals sound good, they could with a touch more aggression and I’d try to get them a bit more upfront, back off the verb a touch.
            The mix sounds big and full which is great. For me I’m finding a bit too much in the low mids which I think might be a product of the verb on the guitar?
            Great stereo on the kit, loving those toms!

Hope that helps.

Paul

OziBattler
            Participant

G'day everyone.
              I realized that I completely screwed up the original files so that the timing of the drums where all screwed up. I remixed from scratch based on the comments from PLAPer's. Here is my latest mix, and I would appreciate your honest and brutal comments.
              https://soundcloud.com/shane-hale-2/lewitt-mixing-contest-move-like-a-ghost-ozibattler-mix
              Cheers,
              Shane

Paul Motion
              Participant

Hey Shane, nice work man. I'm a bit jealous of your delays.. amazing. For the kit I'd like a bit more of the live sound as I feel it's lost some of that aggression, although that's personal taste. When I crank it the click on the kick is quite loud and I'm missing a little of the low lows on the kick. Maybe bring up 40 to 60 a touch. Guitars sound great.
                Bass feels a bit safe and maybe too softened? Possibly bring back some of that grit?
                Jon's vocal on "Fall right through you" at about 1.24 needs some automation.
                Stereo on the kit is awesome, especially when the toms come in. the rack on the right is a little flabby though, just needs a touch more attack for me.

I think nothing too major to be honest and I'll say it again, love those delays. Tasteful and they work really well!

Hope that helps.
                Paul

OziBattler
                Participant

Okay, final, final, final version after Paul and Ajay's latest comments. Thank you very much for your comments.
                  https://soundcloud.com/shane-hale-2/lewitt-mixing-contest-move-like-a-ghost-ozibattler-mix

Paul Motion
                  Participant

Nice work Shane, sounds good. Very personal taste is still more of the room/live mics for the kit, but that’s really just purely my taste for this track. Otherwise cracking stuff.

Arthur Labus

Almost ready - any feedback would be highly appreciated !
                      Update below !

Paul Motion
                      Participant

Great work as always Arthur! For me I’d like more snare, it feels a little weak at the moment. Then maybe back off on the kick a touch.
                        The mix has definitely got a lot of power although feels quite centred. Personal taste but I’d quite like a bit more spread. Maybe a bit more room/ambiance on the kit and then spread the instruments a bit further out.
                        Last thing is a bit more high mids or in your face aggression on the guitar & bass I thi k works well on this track.

Personal taste of course..

Hope that helps & best of luck!

Paul

Arthur Labus

Sure Paul !
                          Thats why i am asking for feedback 😉
                          Good points and i will definetely try your suggestions

Ján Karchňák
                          Participant

Hi all,
                            I heard great and inspiring mixes here! Hence, I joined the challenge and learned some new tricks when working on this piece.

I wanted to keep some portion of the raw energy as if I was sitting in the room and band was playing for me. Here's my result - feedback is welcomed. Thank you 🙂
                            https://soundcloud.com/dafteaux/saint-agnes-move-like-a-ghost-lewitt-mixing-contest/s-u9txY

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 55 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.