• This topic has 54 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David Waring.
Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Jesper
    Participant

Thats great you are posting again Paul and yes I think this contest runs all the way to February?

This is a really great mix and it has a lot of clarity in it I think. I think this is a mix that sounds natural to me. Great use of all the frequencies and it all is well balanced. Great work! I dont have any issues at all with this mix. The only thing that comes to mind is that I want a more aggressive snare sound, but that I think is only because I have that haha!

Good luck in the contest to you too Paul!

/Jesper

Paul Motion
      Participant

Thanks so much for the feedback Jesper. I agree on the snare. I'm doing a bit more work to the mix along with adding some interest to the keys and bass as well as having a bit of fun with the vocals. πŸ™‚
        No worries on my feedback for you.. Must have been my rubbish internet, it's amazing how bad it can be over here sometimes! πŸ™‚

Thanks again,
        Paul

Arthur Labus

Hej Jesper !
          Its stunning like you get rid off that bleed πŸ˜€
          I like how (mono) drums, guitar and organ are working. The opposite delays are great here.
          Not sure if i dig the second vocal being louder than the main vocal.
          And yes - i agree with Paul: bass is getting lost together with the kick.

Great work here Jesper, i still cant believe how you managed the bleed LOL

Priit Pajusalu
          Participant

Hi, PLAPeople

i made my version also for mix contest.
            https://soundcloud.com/priit-pajusalu/lewitt-mixing-contest-feat-saint-agnes-mix-priit-pajusalu-ver3

i hope you listen and say your opinion.

best regards

Priit Pajusalu

Jesper
            Participant

Hi Priit!

I like your mix very much! Great vision of the overall goal. The only this is the whole mix sounds crusched far more than I think this exellent mix should be. I know that there is exessive amount of subfrequences in thouse wave files. Maybe you could back off these or are you crushing you master bus? Do you have an limiter in the end? Great work! πŸ™‚
              /Jesper

Jesper
              Participant

The bleeed Arthur haha! Yes I dont know how I did it πŸ™‚ Great feedback as aways my friend! I must say I had a really hard time with this mix. Starting from scratch six times... I still have not figure out how to get the low end right. The el. bass is massive indeed. Thanks Arthur!

Paul Motion
                Participant

Hey Priit, good powerful mix and some interesting choices. I’d agree with Jesper on the bus compression. Probably back off on that as you can really here it ducking when more instrumentation and the voices come in. The right hand channel of the mix feels a bit overly harsh but I think that’s more down to your brave panning choices!

Best of luck.
                  Paul

Phillip Hilgaertner
                  Participant

Howdy, everyone. I have not really put much out there for feedback, but I plan to change that starting now. I have put a mix together of Moves Like A Ghost as well and would love to get some feedback on it. It has been an interesting challenge due to the live-ish nature of the performance. Please don't hold back πŸ™‚
                    https://soundcloud.com/phillip-hilgaertner/saint-agnes-move-like-a-ghost-lewitt-mixing-contest

Yannick Doyon
                    Participant

Hey Ray Foo, not bad at all! I just think the drums are way too squashed and they loose a lot of definition. Vocals not bad neither, but then the difference in ambiance between them and the drums makes it feel like their not in the same room or at the same show. But man, it's not bad at all, keep it up pal.

Here's mine : https://soundcloud.com/yannick-doyon-149427881/move-like-a-ghost_lewitt-mixing-contest

Thanks in advance for all the comments

Mike Ales
                      Participant

Hi guys. I've been a PLAP follower for a long time, but I am new to the academy. I thought I would throw my mix of the Saint Agnes song in here. I really tried to tighten everything up but keep the live feel and energy.

If I remember correctly, mixes are due by the end of December, right? (although the results won't be out until Feb).

https://soundcloud.com/user-391900931/move-like-a-ghost-live-lewitt-mixing-contest-makeyourselfheard

I appreciate any help I can get πŸ™‚

Mike

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Mike Ales.
                        OziBattler
                        Participant

Mike Ales, I like the saturation on the vocals and the effects/panning on the guys β€œI hear you breathing” line at 2:20 (it could be louder though).
                          I think the bass line at the end needs to be more prominent as it is interesting and builds up a lot of energy.

Cheers,
                          Shane

OziBattler
                          Participant

All,
                            Just joined and would like to hear your advice for my mix:

https://soundcloud.com/shane-hale-2/lewitt-mixing-contest-move-like-a-ghost-ozibattler-mix

Cheers,
                            Shane

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 55 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.