Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations Anyone interested in collaborating?

• This topic has 50 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tobi.
Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Tobi
    Keymaster

Let me know how the lyrics are feeling for you... if you need me to shift around the 'sound' and pacing of the lyrics to better fit your vocal style.

Bruno Koziel
      Participant

Thanks guys, Tobi, I'll let Steve make the call about the lyrics. We'll see how it flows for him.

Tobi
        Keymaster

Cool. Good call! The vocalist feeling comfortable with the lyrics is oh so important.

Stephen Korst
          Participant

Bruno...just wondering if you could give some thoughts on Tobi's lyrics in regards to the genre or meaning behind your demo. Also, have you sung the song using the new lyrics and your melodies in the demo?

For now, I'm good with the flow of some of the lyrics, but I get kind of lost in the lyrics right before the pre-chorus...like I'm not sure I understand where the verse and the pre-chorus starts when I listen to the demo at the same time. Does that make sense?

Do you think another demo using the new lyrics might be doable?

steve

Tobi
            Keymaster

Sorry Steve, that's on me. ...it's because I'm about as musical as William Shatner 🙂

To my count, I've written the number of bars after each line, so you should be able to follow it........

----------------------------------------------------
              **LYRICS**
              ----------------------------------------------------

Verse 1

Do you know what it feels like, when you can't get up?...........................(2 Bars)
              Do you know what it feels like, when you've had enough?..........................(2 Bars)
              ---
              When you fall , to the floor , and your knees (just) break,......................(2 Bars)
              With the weight, of it all, (and) there's no escape,.............................(2 Bars)

-------
              **Piano Break**..................................................................
              (2 Bars)
              **Piano Break**..................................................................(2 Bars)
              --------

Pre Chorus 1

In darkness, when it's hopeless, (and) you need a light,.........................(2 Bars)
              To guide you, to hold onto, to make you fight,...................................(2 Bars)

Chorus 1

Your voice is my light (And) it's all I need.....................................(2 Bars)
              (And) I'll fight For as long As you sing to me...................................(2 Bars)

Verse 2

Do you know what it feels like, when you lift me up?.............................(2 Bars)
              Do you know what it feels like, when I feel your love?...........................(2 Bars)
              ---
              (And) if you fall, from it all, I won't let you break,...........................(2 Bars)
              From the users, (and) the fakers, I'll keep you safe,............................(2 Bars)

---------
              **Piano Break**..................................................................
              (2 Bars)
              **Piano Break**..................................................................(2 Bars)
              ---------

Pre Chorus 2

In darkness, when it's hopeless, (and) you need a light,.........................(2 Bars)
              To guide you, to hold onto, to make you fight,...................................(2 Bars)

Chorus 2

Your voice is my light (And) it's all I need.....................................(2 Bars)
              (And) I'll fight For as long As you sing.........................................(2 Bars)
              ...to me!........................................................................(2 Bars)
              (sing to me!)...................................................................(2 Bars)

Chorus 3

(And) I'll fight For as long As you sing to me...................................(2 Bars)

-------------------------------

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Tobi.
              Tobi
              Keymaster

.........sorry, formatting in BBcode is a pain... The plapa forum doesn't appear to like all BBcode.

Stephen Korst
                Participant

Okay, Tobi. Sounds like one of the problems I've got is not having the "piano break" written into the stems that I'm listening to. I think I will need to go back and edit the stems in my DAW (Sonar), and then it may all flow much better.

steve

Tobi
                  Keymaster

By 'piano break', I just mean the four bars before the pre chorus, where the piano is featured more.

Tobi
                    Keymaster

How we doing with this track?

Tim Morris
                      Participant

Indeed ..?

Stephen Korst
                        Participant

I'll have something in the box by the end of the week.

Stephen Korst
                          Participant

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m7jz6hckwv4e87o/AAC36wRes0a0kgcAaRCo1QJCa?dl=0

Link to The Edge folder with vocal (dry) stem and rough mix from me. These are just my own interpretation of the song using Bruno's melody and Tobi's lyrics. Feel free to provide feedback on anything I've uploaded.

steve

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 51 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.