Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations Anyone interested in collaborating?

• This topic has 50 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tobi.
Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Tim Morris
    Participant

Hi, Skorst, thats not a bad take !

I reckon you got more confident as it went on as it does better as it progresses 😉

Im going to try and get my pal to try it out, this is how he sounds on a quick Ed Sheeran cover we did one night

Bruno - let us know what you think, shall I give it a go?

https://soundcloud.com/spark240/lego-house-remix

Tobi
      Keymaster

Nice job! Particularly like the 2nd verse.

Timing of the lyrics is a little off in places....

I've added the intro bars and some Mins / Secs - should clarify how they're intended to work with the music.

----------------------------------------------------
        **LYRICS**
        ----------------------------------------------------

Intro

2 bars
        2 bars (My lyrics start at the same time as Bruno's originals / After 16 secs)

Verse 1

Do you know what it feels like, when you can't get up?...........................(2 Bars)
        Do you know what it feels like, when you've had enough?..........................(2 Bars)
        ---
        When you fall , to the floor , and your knees (just) break,......................(2 Bars)
        With the weight, of it all, (and) there's no escape,.............................(2 Bars)

Instrumental Break starts after 12 bars / 48 secs
        **Instrumental Break**..................................................................
        (2 Bars)
        **Instrumental Break**..................................................................(2 Bars)
        --------

Pre Chorus 1 Pre Chorus Starts after 16 Bars / 1 min 04 secs

In darkness, when it's hopeless, (and) you need a light,.........................(2 Bars)
        To guide you, to hold onto, to make you fight,...................................(2 Bars)

Chorus 1

Your voice is my light (And) it's all I need.....................................(2 Bars)
        (And) I'll fight For as long As you sing to me...................................(2 Bars)

Verse 2

Do you know what it feels like, when you lift me up?.............................(2 Bars)
        Do you know what it feels like, when I feel your love?...........................(2 Bars)
        ---
        (And) if you fall, from it all, I won't let you break,...........................(2 Bars)
        From the users, (and) the fakers, I'll keep you safe,............................(2 Bars)

Instrumental Break starts after 32 bars / 2 mins 08 secs
        **Instrumental Break**..................................................................
        (2 Bars)
        **Instrumental Break**..................................................................(2 Bars)
        ---------

Pre Chorus 2 Starts 36 bars / 2 min 24 secs

In darkness, when it's hopeless, (and) you need a light,.........................(2 Bars)
        To guide you, to hold onto, to make you fight,...................................(2 Bars)

Chorus 2

Your voice is my light (And) it's all I need.....................................(2 Bars)
        (And) I'll fight For as long As you sing.........................................(2 Bars)
        ...to me!........................................................................(2 Bars)
        (sing to me!)...................................................................(2 Bars)

Chorus 3

(And) I'll fight For as long As you sing to me...................................(2 Bars)

-------------------------------

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Tobi.
        Bruno Koziel
        Participant

Sorry guys for the late response, I've been really tied up with work and with kids sports!!

Thanks Steve for your take on the song. I agree with Tobi on the timing in some spots. It did get a little better towards the second half of the song.

Great job on the lyrics Tobi! I'm going to try and sing along with the lyrics, we might need to tweak a couple of words to flow a little better.

Thanks for your hard work!

Bruno Koziel
          Participant

Spark, I really like this song. Really dig this guys voice. I would really like to hear his take on it.

Tobi
            Keymaster

Oh thank god Bruno! ...I thought I might have to sing it 😉

Agree - one or two lyrics don't quite flow right - I shall have a go at tweaking them a bit.

Tim Morris
              Participant

@Bruno...Ok, Ill see what we can do...

Tobi
                Keymaster

I think it's just the in between words 'and' 'just' etc that can be tweaked to make the lyrics sit well. The broad strokes run well for me.

Tobi
                  Keymaster

Just checking in... where are we with this track?

Bruno Koziel
                    Participant

Tobi, I've been swamped with work lately. The progress is going but slow. I've been working on the song today and will keep you posted. Thanks.

Tobi
                      Keymaster

Let me know if I can be of any help. 🙂

Sam Spaiser
                        Participant

Was this song ever completed? I listened to the demo Bruno posted in March and there are some great ideas here! Very creative and passionate!

Patrick Gregory
                          Participant

Hey Patrick Dune Here.. Hope your doing well.

Just joined this forum and listen to your song.

Please give me a call if you would like to discuss your song I think it has some potential.

Peace and Faith.

Patrick
                            DuneTunes Recording
                            720-345-8452
                            [email protected]

Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 51 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.