Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations Anyone interested in collaborating?

• This topic has 50 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tobi.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Bruno Koziel
    Participant

I have a song that I'm working on and looking for bassist, vocalist & lyricist to complete my song. Attached is a demo version of it, but keep in mind that I'm singing gibberish for vocals, sorry for that but that is my writing style, otherwise i forget my melody ideas. Also any suggestions for the arrangement or other ideas would be fine too.

Thanks PLAPers!

Kip
      Participant

man just say something honest. just for you

this is great... i can hear you got something to say...my wife plays bass among other things and sings and writes...but dude that is gonna be a great song

Tobi
        Keymaster

I'll have a go at some lyrics too... give you some options. ...do you want lyrics grow out what you've already written? 'cos there's some pretty cool stuff there already 🙂

Bruno Koziel
          Participant

Thanks Kip & Tobi. I'm totally open for any suggestions. Tobi if you feel you can build on what's already there, that'll be fine. If you guys want, I can send you the stems if you think that'll help. That's one thing I'm not is a lyrics guy

Thanks fellas!

Kip
            Participant

my wife wanted to know if you are married to the melody line?

Tim Morris
              Participant

Great tune dude...Im in....Id like to try a few little bits of added guitar ...?

I might give the Bass a go....also got a good vocalist if you got lyrics.

Bruno Koziel
                Participant

I'm open to any ideas. Would you like the stems without vocals?

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Bruno Koziel.
                  Bruno Koziel
                  Participant

That'll be great. Tobi mentioned that he'll give the lyrics a shot. I'm curious to your guitar ideas. Send me what you can come up with.

Thanks

Tim Morris
                    Participant

Hi, I just did a short bit and posted a short mix and stems , this is what the song made me think of, or this style anyway.

The song is really full, and whilst that is great it could maybe use some light and shade...you know some more breathing spaces to let the chorus really come to life.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1f8qqa7aisza55s/AAAp_Vdz1SSboGASzXrTvylDa?dl=0

I hope we can use some ideas !

I seem to have attached a file as well somehow !...and now I cant delete it?

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Tim Morris.
                      Len Baird
                      Participant
                        Tim Morris
                        Participant

Len , the Bass seems to be clipping a bit for me on the low G notes?

Len Baird
                          Participant

Yes it is for sure. I thought I had it pretty well tamed but it clipped a few times.(edited to add: I believe it was the string hitting the pickup "pole piece" when I got too rock and roll, after investigating) If Bruno likes it I could take another run at it when my fingertips have had a rest.
                            If you like it, feel free to rip it off with your own version. Build off it, improve it, execute it better... That goes for anyone.

Edit: In response to Bruno below, I can do another cleaner run, I just have to pace myself with bass playing until my fingertips toughen up some, which shouldn't take long.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Len Baird.
                          Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 51 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.