Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Competitions (Mixing, Songwriting, etc.) 'One Daw to Rule Them All' March Mixing Challenge

• This topic has 29 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Sean Johnson.
Viewing 6 posts - 25 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Kian Sparke
    Participant

Hey Toby, and everyone! I'm in for this one this month... will do me good to 'go-back' to mixing with Logic's stock-wares... probably been playing with Waves & other plugins too long!!!! Maybe a bit reliant on them....! ??

Been meaning to do something like this myself - as a learning exercise - so this challenge should be good for me!

Getting the file to the correct places might be the biggest challenge for me though... still don't really know my way around this platform even now... ???

All good fun!

Super-cool! ?

Tobi
      Keymaster

We await the files..

Arthur Labus

We could say - let's freak out and accept the challenge.
          We make the tracks 😀
          Let's say BPM 140 and key Xx and 3:30 duration.
          Every [s]Avenger[/s] challenger make a track, completely BLIND.
          Then we throw all together 😀
          Worst case - it could be "too bad" ....

Jason Davenport
          Participant

That could be some very interesting music Arthur! Or it could be horrible, but it still would be interesting 🙂

Viv Paton
            Participant

One easy, but fun, version might be a mastering competition, using Warren's supplied mix.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Viv Paton.
              Sean Johnson
              Participant

Hey all,
                Decided to give this March DAW challenge a shot with Kaedyn's song.

As I'm still new at this I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Here's the forum feedback post:
                https://www.producelikeapro.com/forums/topic/daw-only-mixing-challenge-the-sweetest-goodbye-kaedyn-kashmir-mix-by-sean-j/#post-40939

Viewing 6 posts - 25 through 30 (of 30 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.