Tagged: 

• This topic has 30 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Paul Motion.
Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Paul Motion
    Participant

Hey Patrick, vocals sound great. Kick is nice and big. Some of the things for me are the kick and bass relationship. I think you need a more solid bass and low lows.
      There’s all the funny glitches and pops in the bass that need to be cleaned up. I’m not sure if Steve left those in intentionally but I couldn’t make them work so had to spend an hour or so cleaning them up. The side chaining method that Chris mentioned helps with that.
      I feel like the mix is a bit linear at the moment although I have no doubt you’re all over that.
      I’ve been going through and trying to mess things up a hit. Changing the synths with ring modulation and phasing.

Looking forward to hearing where you get to next!

Kip
      Participant

first patrick i really like your Elvis Costello on feedback friday

i dont have the words to offer criticism.... to  me this is way more appropriate than anything i did example how drum vocal  balance is better.

2nd listen... i  agree paul talks about linear  and i think more automation  is something that would push this over the top

any way very good work man....plus kudos to you my wife uses logic and i have  given up trying to use it (tho the plugins that come stock i love to death)

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Kip.
        Patrik Larsson
        Participant

Kip thank you for those kind words that means a lot!!

I agree with both you and Paul and I going to work on that for sure.

Logic stock is really good indeed.

I like what you got in your mix so far, keep up the good work

/Patrik

Paul Motion
          Participant

Here’s where I’m at currently. A bit more work to do on the bass tone and vocals I think. Feedback most welcome.. 🙂

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y6gSB4dl3Ns_d22EUCE-8GsfqraySzzF/view?usp=drivesdk

Kip
            Participant

Paul out standing yet tasteful ear candy/panning

im very fond of setting the vocal in the track and and having loud drums....i really enjoyed this

nicely done

Paul Motion
              Participant

Thanks for your kind words Kip 🙂 Ear candy is where it’s at!

I heard Futures by Zero 7 on the way to work and I think I have a better idea of some tweaks I need to make now 🙂

Paul Motion
                Participant

Ok.. made some updates to the vocals and bass plus a few tweaks here and there. Any feedback super welcome.
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RhOpWYo8gnq33C1UmFNjfR0f-pTlukG4/view?usp=drivesdk

Patrik Larsson
                  Participant

Hey Paul!

I totally agree with Kip about the ear candy/pan its awesome.

I like the radio fx.

I have listen 2 times now and only thing I have is taste thing, like vocal could be a bit louder but it also is good where it is same goes with the kick.

I really like this mix Paul great job!

/Patrik

Paul Motion
                    Participant

Thanks so much for the comments and the listens Patrick 🙂

Mark Lowrie
                      Participant

Hi all - only just seen this section today.  A great idea to create a monthly thing like this.  🙂

Here's my Pro Tools stock plugs stab at it:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oWp7qbYqgaoIRXO3I98AYMzIOHibclZ4/view?usp=sharing

Kip
                        Participant

that sounds great to me mark...really well done

Paul Motion
                          Participant

Nice work Mark sounds great. The spread on the backgrounds is great. Steve’s vocal could do with a bit of de-essing I think.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 31 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.