• This topic has 26 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by timmymac.
Viewing 3 posts - 25 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Rich Westphal
    Participant

You can add back some life with wood,,,
      Cut up a 4'x 8' plywood, or cheaper stock, and you can have 4 - 2'x4' panels for a bit of reflection,,

Put em on stands, find where they best suite your recording / playing position

I did my whole garage for 'the band" in egg crates, (egg farms don't smell so great, lol)
      ANd some 1 inch fiver board for the entree,,,
      It wasn't too dead but the drummer need a bit more since he couldn't just turn up,,
      I added some plexiglass panels I had and some plywood around him on stands.
      He said it was the best his kit ever sounded while playing..
      Had to move the panels so we could still hear him, but we didn't have to reach 120db just to practice anymore, lol,,

I knew none of what I know now, so things make better sense now.

Nick D.
      Participant

there is 2 parts to the acoustic treatment aspect. 1 part is the control room and part 2 is the live room. For the control room, I generally like those as dead and absorptive as possible. So I threw as much OC703 in there as I could, its probably as flat as im going to get a small room. The live room I prefer the opposite and would rather treat it with movable panels where needed, either diffusion or absorbing. For most home studios this is probably the most logical solution. If i was to have a commercial studio I would be hiring someone.

timmymac
        Participant

Just added some posts detailing my studio build last year. Here you go:
          https://timmceneany.wordpress.com/category/studio-build/

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by timmymac.
        Viewing 3 posts - 25 through 27 (of 27 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.