Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Show off your studio Submission Instructions & Details

• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Danny Brook.
Viewing 7 posts - 13 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    William Waller
    Participant

My little commercial studio in Rapid City, SD.
      I know…where the hell is that? I live in Rapid City about 25 miles from Mount Rushmore in the Black Hills. There is a surprising plethora of very talented musicians hiding out here and I am privileged to work with most of them. I run a small commercial recording studio on a part time basis. Always learning new stuff and trying to push my comfort zones. If I don’t learn something new every time I walk into this place, I’m brain dead, LOL! My studio is mostly hybrid with “out of the box” mixes via Pro Tools. I use Dangerous 2 bus summing amplifiers and an SSL G series stereo bus compressor back into the box. I’m fortunate to have acquired some very nice mics and pre amps over the years and have them normalled to an Antelope Orion AD/DA converter. I love talking gear. I was trained in the old school and started with tape in the early 80’s.

We have an asymetric 38x40 tracking room, designed around Daniel Lanois' "Teatro" in east LA. I have been recording and playing music since I was 12. I have a degree in music theory and play keys, guitar and some sax. I have a passion for the Hammond B3. Nothing floats my boat more than having a client listen to a mix and smile and go, "Wow, that's me?!" And by the way, I forgot to mention that I am a practicing Urologist. Tom Lord Alge's nickname for me is "Dr. Dick" I know... what can I say?
      Check out our web site: SanctuaryRecording.com

https://academy.producelikeapro.com/wp-content/uploads/youzer/file_5f9f07f5938a0_thumb.jpg

Hector Avalos
      Participant

Here is my mix, can't wait for feedback Friday.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Hector Avalos.
        Robert Gray
        Participant

The mobile Studio in all its glory!!Name - Rob Gray
          • Photos of your Studio
          • Studio Based: mobile!! but in my loft room in South East London/Bromley
          • Started out back in 90s with Drum and Bass with EP (The Awakening EP checkl out on YOutube) but now after kids etc i am concentrating on their music which is vintage 70s rock with a modern flavour. studio gear has been compiled over the years but now im more in to mixing and recording live bands with as little outboard as possible!!
          • DAW of choice has to be Ableton. not people first choice for Rock but as i am very experienced in using it i have stuck with it and it works kinda well!
          •Rock, grunge, punk, House, electronic
          • Able stock EQ8, reverb etc. do not have many 3rd party plugins
          • 3 x Behringer (yes behringer) ADA8200, Focurite 18i20 gen 1, RME digiface USB, DEll E6440 laptop i5, Ableton Live 10, RME ARC, Behringer Powerplay headphone amplifier. Yamaha HS50M, KRK KNS8400, Shure SM58 x2, AKG Seesion one Drum mics.
          • I have what i need for now and am content with that. too much gear can cloud the mind!
          • no facebook links for myself but the band im working with please like and follow !! Kingfisher https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSWefifVK2lZRcnPZWj8Kug

https://www.instagram.com/kingfisher.band/
          • as the studio is small box room all the recording is done where the bands rehearse Current fav place is Rockbottom Music shop in Croydon  (Carl Neilsen). All i take is the Laptop, RME digiface, 2xADA8200 audio interfaces, headphone amplifier (all in a 4U 19" carrycase rack unit), KRK KNS8400, SM58, Drum Mics and that is it!!

Shane Workman
          Participant
            Danny Brook
            Participant

hey guys. god, i feel really new at this.. i hope my songs are any good. you see, i only write the words for my sister TAMMY BROOK ( FYI MEDIA). if i can only write good music. so rocco are going to work on a track. are any of my songs good enough? love you guys. my cat just died so i  have been depressed. but i just started working with my college professor at LMU in LA. god, doug is like 75 yrs old.. he does the old george martin tricks, but they sound a little outdated,, the drums hard panned to left, bas to the right. i turned them into TV , and they are like, this is good, but this is 2022. we cant do this .danny borderline delusion band

#TAMMY BROOK#FYI MEDIA#DJ KHALED

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtj_90xCmJuwW-lwfv-xD4235xQatBNri

Tim Temple
              Participant

• Tim Temple
                • Nashville, Tn USA
                • Keyboardist/composer - arranger/mixing engineer
                • Cubase
                • Primarily rock/pop/country/metal/film - game scores
                • Favorite Plugins are numerous
                • Equator Q12 monitors   Yamaha vintage HS50M "truth tellers"  47" Hi rez front video   Mac 3Hz 10 core - 64g RAM  Two UA Apollo's   AVID MC Control flying fader arrays   Numerous plugin / instrument suites    Acoustically treated room / Sonorworks SR   original Oberheim Matrix12 / OB8 / OB12 / Yamaha SY99 / KurzweilPC88mx / Fender Rhodes
                • Considering the new Oberheim
                • Numerous compositions/arrangements/mixes for Nashville/International clients Black Rabbit Studio

Danny Brook
                Participant

Hey guys, how are you?

I’my just hear because Warren is the god of production.

I just want to learn, have fun, play guitar.

meet cool producers.

I am a ghost writer for TV, film, music.

NETFLIX.

DANNY BROOK

hit me up

• Where your studio is based .3 studios

Home CULVER CITY , CA

Burbank, CA

Hollywood, CA

)

• DAW of choice PROTOOLS

• Genres you primarily work with. hip hop, metal, R and B, disco Bee Gees

• Favorite Plugins IZOTOPE

• Gear List (doesn't have to be 100% complete!)

6 guitars, mac book PR

• What Equipment do you have your eyes on currently (full list)

EVERYthing

• Facebook & Instagram Links

Anyone notable recorded there? Etc.

ROBERT FULTON artist ( DJ KHALED)

BODY COUNT/ ICE T

PINK FLOYD ( DURGA MC BROOM)

BAD RELIGION ( GREG HETSON)

FYI  MEDIA ( SISTER)TAMMY BROOK

Barneys New York, MTV Cribs home collection, Nickelodeon X Pharrell, Swatch X Jeremy Scott Capsule Collections, , Dj Khaled X Bang & Olufson Collaboration and the launch of Lacoste’s first-ever pro-athlete marketing campaign. Clients include recording artists, Jhené Aiko, Pusha T, Tyga, Shad Moss, DJ Khaled, Sevyn Streeter, Future, Russell Westbrook, Bang & Olufson and LA Gear.

https://www.fyibrandgroup.com/about

Viewing 7 posts - 13 through 19 (of 19 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.