Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mixing Slate Audiolegends

• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by iamuproductions.
Viewing 3 posts - 13 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Noobish
    Participant

If You've done some research then You know CLA is a hardware guy and he is not a big fan of digital audio. In fact pressing play-stop buttons in pro tools is not the same thing as doing this on his console. https://youtu.be/MxlKR-C_fag?t=4m14s
      So i really doubt he use his plugins.

I also really doubt this CLA Vocal plugin will actually give You his vocal sound. They can't model accurately a single peace of gear. If You compere Waves SSL Comp to UAD SSL Comp or Waves 1073 to UAD 1073 etc.. You will see they sound completely diffrient. So modeling a whole chain seems kinda unreal.

Jared Sherman
      Participant

Yes I know he is a hardware guy. I don't know if they accurately modeled each part of his vocal chain in the plugin or not, but that is the intent of the plugin, effects and all. I also don't remember him saying that he actually used his vocal plugin, wasn't he just saying that was the easiest way for most people to get his sound? I am betting the actual hardware chain sounds better. Regardless, you now have the option to see his entire vocal chain when using Slate plugins through this course, and you can see exactly what is going on, and that is a lot more helpful than some plugin that has stuff going on under the hood and you aren't quite sure what it's doing.

P.S. Waves SSL came out in 2006/2007; Waves analog modeling has improved a lot since then. I have no idea about the quality of CLA Signature, but they definitely have some great models.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Jared Sherman.
        • This reply was modified 8 years ago by Jared Sherman.
        iamuproductions

Hi Guys,

we got the online course by Slate with CLA and we actually found it "useful" on certain things... I agree he is actually showing a little of what you would expect under the claim "CLA's secrets revealed" 😀

Have a great day

Viewing 3 posts - 13 through 15 (of 15 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.