Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations PLAPA Weekly Jam Session Friday 27 Sept

Tagged: 

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Mark Holden.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tobi
    Keymaster

Hello PLAPA Peeps!

Welcome to the weekly PLAPA Jam Sessions. Each Friday we'll start a new jam session to encourage members to get to know each other and have some fun making music together.

**How Does it Work?**

1. Each Friday we'll post a simple 1 or 2 instrument track(s) to start the jam session.
      2. PLAPA members can then download the tracks and add their own ideas.
      3. Upload the new tracks (via Dropbox, etc) and post the link in the comments below.

***Details***

1. All tracks should be recorded 24 Bit/48 kHz
      2. Use a click track
      3. Try to stick to 1 or 2 instruments
      4. Print all your tracks so they all line up with the original tracks*

*If you loop/speed up/pitch shift any tracks by other members, print the altered versions.

----
      **Today's Starting Tracks**

Today's tracks were provided by PLAPA member* me. A big thank you to me for taking the time 😉

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctdev583degyh2s/PLAPA%20JAM%2020%20SEPT%20TOBI%20BLUES%2BMIDI.rar?dl=0

Track is in E, I assume - as that's what I'm playing most of the time. Midi files are included so it should be pretty easy to break into. Tempo is 120 (4/4). The instrument is an Omnisphere patch called 'Weathered Blues' Funky little thing. I've included 3 audio tracks: the stereo output and then the Weathered Blues and a Tape Slap I created - so you can separate the slap from the main track if you want to.

-----
      *If you'd like to create a 'start up' track for a future Jam Session let me know via here:
      https://academy.producelikeapro.com/forums/topic/the-weekly-jam-session/

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Tobi.
      • This topic was modified 4 years ago by Tobi.
      Mark Holden
      Participant

Cheers Tobi

I see you have popped the track up again, I fell shamed I will use the link for a start up jam very soon, and smart move removing comments on Facebook posts keeps everything in one place. 🙂

Mark

Mark Holden
        Participant

Hello

Tweaked the Midi to put a Cello down. Pushed for time today so hopefully will add a beat later.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Sir-ZwCBdv5XMmGtRdszLdZ3t8xswXT5

I need to put a Bass on my Christmas list.

Mark

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Mark Holden.
          Tobi
          Keymaster

Coolio. Downloading now.

Tobi
            Keymaster

Did a quickie mix with the Cello -added some EastWest Spaces reverb - which is tasty. Kinda cool. QUite like the feel of it all. I await my dropbox...

Tobi
              Keymaster
                Mark Holden
                Participant

Hello

Had a play with mics at the weekend so you can hear the pain here Acoustic gtr (once again rough and ready, and in need of repair so it has shall we say character) is a mix of all four of the mics I now own lol. The match 040 in a XY stereo mic setup then double track with a blend of the STC-20 (on the body) and SM57 (12thfret)

A to be honest quite random percussion track (samples recorded by Andrew Hazzard) and the rough mix of the progress so far.

On another note if these jams are only going to be me and of course yourself you might want to throttle them back to once a month as well a little less work for you 🙂

Mark

Tobi
                  Keymaster

Mark,

It's kinda of cool. I like the acoustic down the right. The percussion is a touch dry - bit of reverb or tape slap will help sit it a little better.

I'd try not to 'throw the kitchen sink' at the percussion. Stick to fewer instruments and build a consistent style to the percussion.

Extra guitar down the center is cool. Struggling a little to keep time with the Virtual Instrument - but it's tricky with the ARP and Echoboy adding to the flavor.

Tobi.

Mark Holden
                    Participant

Hello

Agreed less percussion I guess I was just trying some different sounds out to see how they worked. Yeah I was limited to when I could record the acoustic and the timing does go a little off I should maybe Quantize it to help with the timing.

I'll take a look at it before the weeks out.

Mark

Mark Holden
                      Participant

Hello

No real break through's to next one hit wonder but played with Percussion and Piano all midi just more layering and learning really.
                        new file are in a folder labelled new files (odd that 🙂 )

Mark

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.