Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations PLAPA Jam Session: Friday 6th September 2019

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 13 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tobi.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Tobi
    Keymaster

Hello PLAPA Peeps!

Welcome to the first of our weekly PLAPA Jam Sessions. Each Friday we'll start a new jam session to encourage members to get to know each other and have some fun making music together.

**How Does it Work?**

1. Each Friday we'll post a simple 1 or 2 instrument track(s) to start the jam session.
      2. PLAPA members can then download the tracks and add their own ideas.
      3. Upload the new tracks (via Dropbox, etc) and post the link in the comments below.

***Details***

1. All tracks should be recorded 24 Bit/48 kHz
      2. Use a click track
      3. Try to stick to 1 or 2 instruments
      4. Print all your tracks so they all line up with the original tracks*

*If you loop/speed up/pitch shift any tracks by other members, print the altered versions.

----
      **Today's Starting Tracks**

Today's tracks were provided by PLAPA member* Peter Suoss. A big thank you to Peter for taking the time.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/12aczfbbe002mqw/AAB4jxAwlxXW-Hj2vQ14uM93a?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR0thrqohP9PIyqMuWI4CASV6y3HAAWd7p8VJMFWAsdL_KpnQ3bi6E_vFNs

Download the tracks. Upload your ideas and have fun! Any questions, post them in the comments below.

-----
      *If you'd like to create a 'start up' track for a future Jam Session let me know via here:
      https://academy.producelikeapro.com/forums/topic/the-weekly-jam-session/

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Tobi.
      Peter Suoss
      Participant

Thanks Tobi,

iā€™m excited to see and hear what other people come up with! Lets jam! ?

Mark Holden
        Participant

Hello

Its going to take me some time to get something good but I'll check in each week to have a look till it happens šŸ™‚ I did have a play with the Piano sound and mixed it down to a stereo track and put a bit a Guitar to it, just doubled the piano really if I have any other ideas or someone adds more to stir my thoughts will take another look šŸ™‚

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b2MSXXCdf-Novc0OCFELV5QiNV_ACAiP

Mark

Tobi
          Keymaster

Cool! Thanks Mark! I'm downloading now - I'll have a listen see if I can think of anything šŸ™‚

Tobi.

Tobi
            Keymaster

Dropped a sequencer bass straight down the middle. Timing took a bit of tweaking with the ARP - plays well with Peter's drums.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/grkfiwtxltti217/CS-80%20Sub%20Noise%20%28OmniSphere%29%20-%20Tobi%2006%20SEPT%202019.rar?dl=0

Magnus Emilsson
              Participant

Hey!

I did some alternative drums, since I couldn't make Peters midi file work with the "normal" drum note layout, and I also made a small string loop. The string wav is a bit longer because of the decay of the string, so add two tracks and alternate or live with the hard cut. šŸ™‚

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2nrnz4r16lcqbbe/AADSCPH5qhYpcujqktuAxKwBa?dl=0

Talking of Peter's drums, since they already informed parts and since the midi layout doesn't conform to the General Midi standard layout for drums and not all of us have the same software available it would be nice to either conform to that or include a wav. Not a major point but a little thing.

Fun initiative.

/Magnus

Mark Holden
                Participant

Hello

Nice Magnus like the additions the change in drums makes the difference for me and the strings give a fuller feel. Feels like a short run could be added now before looping back to the start.

Mark

Peter Suoss
                  Participant

Hi Toby, Mark and Magnus,

Nice to see that others are participating in this jam.
                    @Tobi; Cewl sub bass. I like the sound and fit's nicely with my beat. For me the beat wasn't a must-have, as I have let you know. But it can be used of course.
                    @Mark; also a nice small guitar addition that goes with the melody. Thanks. Is it possible for you to add the chords with guitar as well?
                    @Magnus; I'm sorry, but as I mentioned before, for drums it wasn't my purpose to add them, but I will add the beat to my project folder in Dropbox. I'll make them as separate waves, so you all can adjust the different sounds to your liking.
                    Your drums work as well, separately as well in a mix with both at the same time. And you string part does give fuller feel.
                    If the three of you would like some more stuff to add, feel free. Also, if you have idea's about a kind of song structure, or other chord parts, put them up!

Thank you all for your time and creations, and let us see if someone else would like to contribute in this jam.

Grtz Peter

Tim Ellifritz
                    Participant

Very cool to see the contributions by everyone. Here is a nylon string guitar part.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17m6YmZgLL3wIBz_w5t04AXz47wvDTHb-

Magnus Emilsson
                      Participant

Peter, no need to be sorry. It just got a bit confusing there for a moment. Especially since Tobi used the drums to match up the bass, which in itself is not a huge problem, since I just created a beat that worked with the bass.

/Magnus

Tobi
                        Keymaster

Tricky part was timing the bass to the piano, so the note changes worked with the ARP sequence.

Once that was sorted I just dropped the drums in and was happily surprised to discover they worked very nicely together.

I'll have a listen to the additional tracks when I get a spare momemt. Been chasing it all weekend.

Good to see members getting involved.

Tobi.

Mark Holden
                          Participant

Hello

Had a play to extended the tracks a bit popped them on the gdrive. same link as above https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b2MSXXCdf-Novc0OCFELV5QiNV_ACAiP

Like the Acoustic Tim gives a new feel again.

Peter I don't know a huge amount of theory but I'd been playing around in Dorian so the first two chords are made from that scale (at 12th fret) D then G over your G and C. The next part is picked D G G, B E E, still in same position then up to the 8th fret (b string) for the G. Sorry about the long winded expiation but self taught so explaining can get a little tricky.

Mark

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 14 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.