Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations PLAPA Jam Session: Friday 20th September 2019

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 15 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tobi.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Tobi
    Keymaster

Hello PLAPA Peeps!

Welcome to the first of our weekly PLAPA Jam Sessions. Each Friday we'll start a new jam session to encourage members to get to know each other and have some fun making music together.

**How Does it Work?**

1. Each Friday we'll post a simple 1 or 2 instrument track(s) to start the jam session.
      2. PLAPA members can then download the tracks and add their own ideas.
      3. Upload the new tracks (via Dropbox, etc) and post the link in the comments below.

***Details***

1. All tracks should be recorded 24 Bit/48 kHz
      2. Use a click track
      3. Try to stick to 1 or 2 instruments
      4. Print all your tracks so they all line up with the original tracks*

*If you loop/speed up/pitch shift any tracks by other members, print the altered versions.

----
      **Today's Starting Tracks**

Today's tracks were provided by PLAPA member* Cyril Oleynikov. A big thank you to Cyril for taking the time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4puzh6l30j2z51/Bass%20DI%20(120%20BPM,%20A).wav?dl=0

Bass is in the key of Amin (120 BPM). I've asked Cyril to add a basic transcription. In the meantime, if you (like me) struggle with pitch, your can try extracting the midi from the bass. Usually they translate pretty well.

Download the tracks. Upload your ideas and have fun! Any questions, post them in the comments below.

-----
      *If you'd like to create a 'start up' track for a future Jam Session let me know via here:
      https://academy.producelikeapro.com/forums/topic/the-weekly-jam-session/

**HOT OFF THE PRESS***

Sorry, a bit in a hurry now, recording the rest of the guitars for our album, so here's sort of basic transcription:
      Intro (0:00): A

�Pre verse (0:17) & Verse (0:33):
      A A, (G) A A, C
      AA, (G) AA, D

Before chorus (0:48): D C A

Chorus (0:49): F F F F(octave higher) C, G G G C D E G(octave higher) E, A A A G G G C C C D C A

Pre Solo (1:59): E G A B C D

Solo (2:00):�AAA D E G A G E G E D (x3)
      AAA D E G A G E G E D#�D, (A) C, D
      AAA D E G A G E G E D
      AAA D E G A G E G E
      E EE EE E D# D D

The structure is intro, pre verse, verse, chorus, pre verse, verse, chorus, pre solo, solo, chorus

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Tobi.
      • This topic was modified 4 years ago by Tobi.
      Mark Holden
      Participant

Hi guys

I've quantized the Bass Cyril let me now if this is not right.
        I just alterled the intro then split it slipped the rest of track back to start at bar 10 and quantized to the 1/4 beat. I've also uploaded a click

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-LHPtoE6ZrDq6wKUoRwGs0hOh-u-SwB5

Click and quantized bass now removed from folder 🙂

Mark

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Mark Holden.
        Cyril Oleynikov
        Participant

Hey!

I've played this track with a lot of syncopations in mind, so not sure if quantizing will work good on this, but feel free to do whatever you think is right 🙂

Cyril Oleynikov
          Participant
            Mark Holden
            Participant

Hello

Attempted to program some drums using Warren Samples from Blackbird I'm sure all the drummers out there will cringe 🙂 but to keep the ball rolling its been added to the Gdrive and should fit with the original bass Di or quantized I tried both and was able to have a strum along with GTR.

Also put the midi there and extracted the midi for Cyril's Bass line and added a synth pad with it.

Mark

Tobi
              Keymaster

Mark,

Cool! Will download and have a listen. I tried tracking some piano chords - going for an Acid Jazz flavor. But couldn't really get the timing right (I'm a crappy musician). I'm gonna have another go at some things.

Tobi.

Tobi
                Keymaster

Uh... Chrome is blocking the midi file download. Odd. Maybe because of the file type??? Never experienced that before. No worries. I've got all the audio files.

Mark Holden
                  Participant

All files updated, I've pulled midi down before as well fine I'll have a try later on

Mark

Tim Ellifritz
                    Participant

I've got to schedule a moment to get back to this.

Tobi
                      Keymaster

Yes, I am going to get to this... chasing everything at the moment.

Tobi.

Mark Holden
                        Participant

Tobi You've set yourself quite a work load this month.

I'll be having a play with this track tomorrow/later today.

Mark

Mark Holden
                          Participant

Hello

Added a couple of GTR tracks and my current thinking as a mix idea

20th Plap Jam Cyril is the mix idea

Mark

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 16 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.