Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Gear Talk Outboard Compressors

• This topic has 29 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by aka setkya.
Viewing 6 posts - 25 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Jared Sherman
    Participant

Whoops I missed that you said you got the ART. I hope it works out really well for you!

Kaleb Treacy
      Participant

Haha cheers buddy! Still appreciate your advice. I'll keep it in mind for future gear (can never have enough), and as everyone's raving about the RNC range, I may have to do some investigating 😉

Chris Sweet
        Participant

I use a pair of WA76 for tracking. No delay, but I don't use them at mix down. The UAD stuff is just as good. But I've taken Warrens advice for getting some iron in the front end and the WA76 is perfect for this.

Lee Hawkins
          Participant

UAD 1176 as good as the WA76.. Well...that's subjective really as it depends on the material thrown at it. Personally I only use the WA76 for Bass and Vocals because it adds a depth and thickness to those which I cannot get from plugins. Same with the EQP's. I cannot get the same results.

Chris Sweet
            Participant

The UAD rev d might not beat it, but I love that blue stripe on vocals. For bass I usually end up with the CLA-3A on. But again, I like the WA76 on the way in to get that weight if I'm doing the recording.

aka setkya
              Participant

These guys make nice 500 series compressors,
                Joe Beressi likes them alot,
                about $310USD
                https://www.jlmaudio.com/shop/index.php
                All their other 500 series are very nice

Viewing 6 posts - 25 through 30 (of 30 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.