• This topic has 18 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Tim Black.
Viewing 7 posts - 13 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Tim Black
    Participant

The roof is now on plus i have started to seal the inner roof so to seal the air flow within the roof for the roof vents

Tim Black
      Participant

just a quick update the main garage door is out and blocked up and also the side window. it has been hard due to the time of year and all the gigs/events I have to do sound for here is a few more pics. and after Christmas I can start on finishing moving the door and blocking up the old one then it will be onto building the isolated inner room. im so looking forward to this being finished. 

I hope this is a good reference for people as trying to show the build so to help others and get tips. budget is a big thing so having to do lots myself with guidance and help from my dad and step son.

Tim Black
        Participant

hi all another update all render on outside and inside has been done I also added plaster board to one of the gable ends (above where the garage door was) just to add more density to wall.

The new armed 6mm cable has been fitted giving me a good 32amp supply I also have run a cat6 cable to the studio so I can run the 1gig internet into studio.

I will be putting a layer of 15mm Db sound plasterboard on the roof before the isolated hat channel on roof with Rockwool and 2 more layers of Db board (this will be after Christmas) the walls will be isolated stud work with 2 layers of Rockwool and 2 layers of Db plasterboard.

as I do more I will post for all to see

OziBattler
          Participant

Nice work. Looking forward for more updates. You're living the dream!

Shane

Tim Black
            Participant

Thank you very much Shane

It is fun learning and making mistakes and then understanding what I am doing to make the room and set up sound the best I can. It has now come to the point that I need to save up a few more Penneys so I can do more work but have set up some of my kit with a few blankets on the wall so I can get my hands and ears back to what I love.

I have a few more pics so you can all see how it is (we even had Christmas dinner in here as it is a nice size room to cater for all the family with grandchildren and everyones crazy dogs but was nice to all be together)

hopefully over the next month or a little longer I will have the door moved and new outside steps to studio done then all the work is then to be done inside.

Tim Black
              Participant

hi all just a quick update

I have been having my equipment serviced found a few bolts and ordered parts to bring all back upto scratch. I have built a new rack for studio and also built the outside chill out area where I can now dig and track up the concert steps so I can move the door to studio and build new steps. then save up to start doing the inside sound proofing.

where you can see the large window at the back that is where the new door is going. but there is concrete steps there that I have to brake up to do so and been waiting to get this area done so I can do so.

hope you like so far more to follow soon.

Tim Black
                Participant

Steps are in a bit steep lol but to fit the door it had to be that way. it keeps it quirky. I still need to tidy it all up and have added a sheltered bit so if a guest wants a cigarette they can in our wet uk weather lol

But I can now sort out a door and block up up the old one

now I can move on with the inner room build with the soundproofing and acoustic treatment just have to save up my Pennys lol.

Viewing 7 posts - 13 through 19 (of 19 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.