• This topic has 30 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Christopher Petro.
Viewing 7 posts - 25 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Warren Huart
    Keymaster

Thant's great Daniel! I do think they are great value for money, everyone I know who has them loves them! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren

Mark Moore
      Participant

My primaries are Dynaudio BM5s and my B reference is the Blue Sky ProDesk. I also check on an older Cambridge Microworks satellite and sub system. I also have a pair of Presonus Eris e5 and Tannoy PB8 that I haven't used in a few years just gathering dust since I got the Dynaudios.

aka setkya
        Participant

Event Opals, I auditioned 12 diffrent 2ways, my first preference ATC SCM20's I could not afford, the other contenders, Focals, Quested, PMC, Dynaudio. The Opals have a very wide sweet spot, no where near as fatiguing as my Tannoys, and the best low frequency extension of the lot. A locally made product for us, so support was high on the consideration and support was needed as I bought from the firt batch that had some issues. The pair replaced with a new batch, and since, I have had no issues.
          Very Happy with the Opals, although I would happily accept a pair of ATC's, or Barefoots for Christmas [wishfull thinking]

Sean Carango
          Participant

I've used Event 20/20 passive with a hafler power amp since the late 90's and have never really thought to replace them. They work, I know them, they sound good and honestly can't afford to replace them at the moment anyways!

Tim Morris
            Participant

Yamaha HS7's here...my first Mix submission got a great review from Warren...that tells me my Monitors are ok !

Gregg Romano
              Participant

I am using Kali LP-8's as my monitors on speaker stands, but I find that there is some contradictions in setting up the proper monitor height. Assuming you have created an equilateral triangle with your listening sweet spot, some people say to aim the tweeter at your ears and others say to have the mid-points (between the tweeter and woofer) aimed at your ears. Is there a definitive set up? Which is correct?

Christopher Petro
                Participant

some people say to aim the tweeter at your ears and others say to have the mid-points (between the tweeter and woofer) aimed at your ears. Is there a definitive set up? Which is correct?

It depends on the speaker design. A two-way speaker (or two-and-a-half-way) will have a lopsided lobe in the transition band. A D'Appolito design has a symmetric lobe. It gets more complicated with modern designs that use phase correctors and such. Check the manual or ask the manufacturer.

Viewing 7 posts - 25 through 31 (of 31 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.