Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Digital Performer lone wolf

• This topic has 13 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Kenny Mac.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    - -
    Participant

Hello everyone am i the only one using DP in here?

Kevin McCarthy
      Participant

Not now that I just joined today. I guess I must be #2. Surprising to me since it's an amazing piece of software IMO. Let's keep in touch.

Warren Huart
        Keymaster

That's crazy that only two people have identified as Digital Performer users. I remember a lot of my Compsoer friends always used DP. Is that still the case? Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren

- -
          Participant

@Warren A lot of the DAWS Have put a lot of work into making it easy for composers to function.....the field is leveled....@ kevin thanks for joining us....been on here for almost two years....it's been wonderful being apart of PLAPA.....enjoy the ride....check out the 9.5 update for DP

Kevin McCarthy
            Participant

Thanks, Erns. I'm sticking with 9.02 as I'm in the middle of a pretty involved project and don't want to upset the apple cart so to speak until I've wrapped it up. Once it seems that the folks over at MOTU Nation are happy with it and I've the luxury of playing around with it, I'll definitely check out 9.5. What are your findings in using it?

- -
              Participant

so far I've the "plugin metering" has helped me a lot as for finding witch plugin is killing my cpu. i can use other plugins with lower cpu process, while working. Still working on the pitch correction part......have a current projuect that I'm using it on and also this months PLAPA mix....maybe i'll be able to show case it later on this week....maybe lol....

Arthur Labus

Hi Erns !
                  I am Reaper user, but i wanna thank you for that hint with "plugin metering".
                  Just looked after and discovered that function in Reaper.
                  Very cool !

- -
                  Participant

glad i could help

Arthur Labus

Just tested - works fine !
                      It's even easy if you know what to search for 😉

Dave Merkel
                      Participant

I'm a tad bit late to the game for this thread, but I've just recently joined the PLAPA. I run DP almost exclusively; use Audition for select single-file work. I've become pretty comfortable inside DP.

Gary Harrison
                        Participant

This is way way late also but, I'll chime in. I've been with DP since almost the beginning. Man have things changed. I run the lated version. 9.5, along with Reaper in rewire. I do a lot of my sequencing in DP, and more of my audio, and mixing in Pro Tools. I tend to use Reaper on location recordings with the laptops because it's so cpu efficient.

- -
                          Participant

Welcome welcome

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 14 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.