Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Pro Tools Eleven RAck issues

• This topic has 15 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by chris massa.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Tony Harp
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I"m attempting to use my Eleven Rack from AVID to reamp a D/I signal.
      Thing is, I"m using it as my audio interface, Pro Tools recognizes it. BAsically everything works and is connected correctly, yet I get no audio to my monitors.

If anyone has this piece of gear and can enlighten me, please do. I have little hair left.

Magnus Johansson
      Participant

So you seem to have signal from and to the rack (meters moving) but still no audio from your monitors that are connected to the output of the rack?

Tony Harp
        Participant

When I plug in a guitar and play I hear that thru my speakers. But, when I attempt to use it for my audio interface I get nothing from pro tools or my pc sounds, including no Internet audio either. I am correctly setting the 11rack as the interface. I do not get any meter readings on the 11 rack when using it for computer audio. I've been into the user settings many times to no avail, looking for the correct parameters. I've tried all the 11 rack outputs that my pc shows. My pc still works great with my main Saffire interface.
          Also, I have no rig settings embedding option in the user control panel, either. Basically my pc isn't jiving with it right, or seeing it at all. I've tried both External and spdif sync engine options. I've spent hours with the manuals as well.

Thanks for your reply and any enlightenment you can provide.

Arthur Labus

Dumb question Tony - Windows or Mac ?!

Tony Harp
            Participant

Sorry I should have been more clear.
              I'm using Windows 7 with pro tools 12.6.
              Thanks!

Arthur Labus

What about your Focusrite ? It is still connected ? I would check the windows audio settings and look for standart audio device in particular.

Tony Harp
                Participant

The focusrite is still connected via the fire wire cable. However I've been choosing the default eleven rack speakers in the windows playback window, as I have been with my focusrite. Should I detach the focusrite fire wire cable when using 11 rack?

Arthur Labus

It maybe worth a try.
                    Disconnect everything else and give a try. If it is still not running, it is not Windows issue (maybe) 😉
                    I don't know Avid, but maybe there are some intern routing procedures, as known from Focusrite.

Magnus Johansson
                    Participant

When starting pro tools do you see a eleven rack#2? That might get you in a number of problems. #2 is also visible somewhere else in the menus. Don't remember, Im not a pro tooler.
                      Search for benonistudio on YouTube. He has many tutorials and troubleshooting videos regarding the eleven rack.
                      In pro tools there is somewhere a setting "playback engine". Correct there? Yeah, try with only the eleven rack connected. Eleven rack can be a true pita but sounds very good to my ears when it's working. It's also very fizzy about wich order you power it on. Don't remember which but gut feeling says it need to be on when you turn on your PC. Always use the same USB port. I bet you find your answer from benoni. He is also a mod over at duc.avid.com
                      Good luck

Tony Harp
                      Participant

I've tried using the 11 rack as stand alone and as an external processor via spdif and still nothing. It's become laughable at this point after 3 days of pulling my hair out. Lol.
                        Ill try the Saffire disconnect and see if that works. If not, I guess i.will spend the day on hold with avid, while reading the manual, again. Maybe I'll be glad I bought the support plan.
                        Thanks..

Arthur Labus

Not sure that spdif can handle anything else than asudio signals - you need probably "more" to run an audio interface ?

Tony Harp
                          Participant

THanks Mange.
                            I'm headed to my studio now to check your suggestions out.

Arthur: I also have the USB connected, in addition, as it suggests. I can control the rack unit with the stand alone 11 rack editor, so I know they communicate.

Ill.let you know off I find the issue, even if it's a bleeding obvious solution. Im not proud.
                            Thanks for the help. Any other advice is welcomed.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 16 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.