Academy Dashboard Forum Production Production Techniques Workflow: B4P remix - File->New to 1 hour of Little Empire - Stay New

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Brian for President.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brian for President
    Participant

Hey PLAPAMs! Due to many requests here in our great PLAPAM community, I finally made a screen-recording workflow video from File->New to about 30% of my remix of Little Empire - Stay New. This is just over 1 hour of a live session from scratch (1 take, no edits), showing my process and creative workflow. The link (non-public and for PLAPA only) is below:
      https://youtu.be/0-SzaxrfupQ

I originally made this post in the feedback forum, but since it's produc4tion/workflow, I thought it might be good here as well.

For the version that evolved from the 1-hour mark at the end of the video to the 5-hour mark, check here:
      https://www.producelikeapro.com/forums/topic/little-empire-stay-new-brian-for-president-remix/edit/

NOTE about the workflow video production quality: I've made an entire knowledge base of screen recorded videos for embedded user interface tools (my day job), but never with my music/audio interface in the mix, so I found a tool to do so...I've since found a better solution using the TotalMix software with my RME audio interface and solving a low gain issue on channel 1/2, so forgive the narration/music leveling issues, but at least you get my process, eh? hehe (I didn't want to re-record with better audio and lose the "organic" from-scratch lesson.)

Finally, this is the most exposure I've ever shared per my process. 😉 The song in the video is not at all finished, so feedback is welcome, but keep in mind I don't yet consider this "awesome" or "done". In fact, post-video, I'm about 5 hours in total as of this post (and the latest version currently in the feedback forum).

I'll eventually post the final version over in the feedback forum as well.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Arthur Labus

Very interesting thing Brian, even if it is not my resort 🙂
        But it is importantant to stay new with possibilities 😉
        Who knows, maybe you have started something new - mixbreaks video from members ?!
        Thank you very much for creating that video and sharing your workflow !

Arthur

Brian for President
        Participant

You're very welcome, Arthur, and thanks for the feedback. I do think it would be cool for PLAPAMs to share their techniques. I've begun doing so, and while it may give away my "secrets", I think it's better to share our gifts as a community vs. keep them to ourselves. Methods may vary, but I think we all have something to teach/learn!

Arthur Labus

Yeah Brian : "Welcome To The Maschine" from Pink Floyd should appear here and now LOL

Brian for President
            Participant

LOL Agreed, Arthur! Have a good week!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.