Academy Dashboard Forum Production Digital Recording What synth software ??

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tim Morris.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tim Morris
    Participant

Im looking to get some new synth sounds, there are so many out there !

Im using Studio One and its bundled stuff is not bad, but Im looking for something new....

Hit me with what you are using?

Thanks.

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by Tim Morris.
      Jared Sherman
      Participant

There is so much good stuff out there. One thing that would be good if you are on a very tight budget would be the AIR stuff. At AudioDeluxe if you buy XPAND!2 for $1 you can also buy the AIR Expansion Pack 3 Complete Upgrade for $74.95 which gets you SO much incredible stuff. That has to be the most insane deal I have ever seen in music software. As far as synths, that bundle includes AIR Hybrid 3 + expansions which is their synth and it's a very good one.

If you have more to spend I would recommend Omnisphere 2, it can be anything and everything. I also hear very good things about UVI Falcon though I do not have it. For the preset browsing guy who doesn't like to mess with synth parameters, ReFX Nexus 2 has great sounds. But there are so many great options beyond that too. Such a great time to be in music production. The only problem is sometimes the search for new tools can get in the way of creative time.

Tim Morris
        Participant

Thanks Jared, Im looking at Signal ( by Output)..maybe the entry level Komplete,

I have some simple UVI stuff so I will check Falcon.

Thanks !

Jared Sherman
          Participant

I also own all the Output stuff and that is very good as well. I own Komplete Ultimate 10 but that doesn't get used a ton, with the other stuff I have - but that doesn't mean a lot of that isn't great too! I would recommend Omnisphere over either of those.

Tim Morris
            Participant

Omni 2 is top of the budget really, and Im not sure I would use it fully?

Falcon looks cool and is a little cheaper

Tim Morris
              Participant

Dude, I just got the Air Xpand it for £1.00....its very cool for free almost !

The picked up Sonivox strings for £1.00.....Im doing well tonight !

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Tim Morris.
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.