Academy Dashboard Forum Production Digital Recording What do you do with the tracks AFTER a mix has been accepted by the client?

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by dogsaw.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rich Zei
    Participant

Not sure if this is the right place for this buuuut I'll ask anyway. This was a discussion among myself and a couple of colleagues at the local watering hole last night. When you complete the final mix for a client. what do you do with the individual files? How long do you "store" them for?

Chris Sweet
      Participant

I still have stuff from 8 years ago that's just followed me from hard drive to hard drive. You never know...lol

todnixx
        Participant

Yep, i`m also keep project files as long, as i can. Like Chris said *You never know...* ))) I have external hdd for my studio archive.

dogsaw
          Participant

Like The other chaps have said, keep hold the of them as External storage is so cheap these days.

Another option that I used to do back in day which I still have quite an archive of is to burn the data files onto a blank DVD.

All the best
            Rich

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.