Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Pro Tools Warrior Session and Pro Tools

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Sean Carango.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Patrik Wahlund
    Participant

Hi Friends,

I have been trying to work in the Warrior Session but this time Pro Tools been driving me nuts. The session run for a bit then stops because it has problems streaming audio from the harddrive (68 tracks).
      Disk activity reads as high as 75-80% when I start and after playing the session for about 20-30 seconds the session disk activity peaks and stops due to the streaming audio problem. I recently ran a session with 58 tracks and disk activity was around 25-30% with the same sample rate and bit depth. CPU peaks at 18% and memory usage reads 10%.

I then import all files into Studio One and disk usage now runs at approximately 30%. Weird!
      Yesterday a friend told me to import all tracks into a new Pro Tools session. The new session works perfectly and as expected disk activity reads approximately 30%. I now reopen the old original session and then I am having the same problem again. I have never encountered this problem before and as far as I know it only happens with this session.

Problem is solved (yes!) but does anybody know why this happens. Is this a known PT problem and is there a better way of solving this than creating a new session and importing all files. There might be cases when you really want to work from the original session.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Bless /Patrik

Ps. I am running:
      27" iMac (late 2012), 3,4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB RAM,
      OS X 10.11.6, audio streaming from a fast thunderbolt external drive.
      Pro Tools version 12.6.0

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by Patrik Wahlund.
      chris massa
      Participant

Patrik

I add 4GB to the disk cache instead of normal setting. Sometimes Pro Tools session just gets corrupt. And importing
        is a great work around. But normally not an issue. I'm using 12.5.2 still. I need the midi feature that is broke right now. I use a Mac Tower Hex Core OSX yosemite but all my drive are SSD.

Patrik Wahlund
        Participant

Thanks Chris, I'll try this.

Sean Carango
          Participant

Also make sure your session files are on a different drive the your system drive.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.