Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Gear Talk Warren, why do u love the H3000 so much

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Chris Lalka.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Charles Monteiro
    Participant

I see that you used it as well on the Matthews track which you did on the Chase track. Why do you like it so much ? what aspect of it do you find yourself using the most ? Finally , have you checked out Eventide's plugin version of the H3000 ?

thanks

Warren Huart
      Keymaster

I'm sorry I just saw this! I like it because it's a little random haha if digital can be random! It's grainy, seems in my humble opinion to have some character! I also probably have a little nostalgia for it, it's the unit that created Pink Floyd's vocal sound in the late 70's and early 80's. I do have Eventide plug ins, but I haven;t upgraded them since I did the Aerosmith album in 2011/12 so I don;t think I have the H3000. I should get the upgrade! Do you like the plug in version? Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren

Charles Monteiro
        Participant

Frankly, I was waiting for your review before I considered it, this is indeed the plug that emulates all the H3000 unit does. That Pink Floyd vocal sound was special, I wonder what they used on the gtr lead for Comfortably Numb, still holds in my mind as one of the most emotional passionate guitar solos ever.

Chris Lalka

I just saw this post today (sorry for the late bump).
            I was slightly surprised to see your answer, Warren.
            I expected you to mention that (our hero!) Brian May used dual Eventide H3000's in his live setup to get those fabulous delays and faux-guitar harmonies.
            I kept saving up my spare pennies (I was a poor kid putting myself through engineering university) to buy an H3000 but I never could afford one. Later, my interests went to Fostex, TEAC and Yamaha multitracks and syncing them to my DOS computers (and later Windows). So I never bought an H3000.

I'd be curious to know if the plug-ins are worth buying considering how many other digital effects are out there from WAVES, McDSP and others.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.