Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Cubase Vocal Thickening Trick in Cubase

• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Steven Bennett.
Viewing 3 posts - 13 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jeroen
    Participant

interesting,

I took my mono vocal track and pasted it in 4 stereo tracks, then I took the Doubler and did the 3/6/9/12 thing.. Am I doing this wrong? Did it this way because I couldn't put 2 mono tracks into 1 stereo track. I processed the doubler though, so I am only having the Doubler signal on the 4 tracks.

Kevin Williams
      Participant

You don't have to use stereo. You can just use mono and pan them accordingly. Cubase can convert your stereo files to mono easily. That's what I do with my kick and snare from Superior drummer. Once in mono, I can use the correct mono plugins! ☺

In case you don't know, there is a video now from another member that briefly shows a Cubase work around that uses mono files for this trick.

Cheers!

Steven Bennett
        Participant

This is a very old thread and I'm not sure what version of Cubase you are or were using but, if you have Cubase Pro you should check out Cloner, it's one of the included plugins and it's great for the vocal thickening trick.

Viewing 3 posts - 13 through 15 (of 15 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.