Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Studio Building / Acoustics Value of acoustic panels question

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by John Gleason.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Just Lisa
    Participant

Hi --

I have a pile of acoustic panels that used to belong to a recording studio, I think. My employer bought them for a discount but they aren't what we needed and we have installed the right thing for our purposes. We need to move this pile of stuff along, and I need to find out what they are worth.

The panels are the thick fiberglass (like Owens Corning 703) beveled edges and covered. Definitely professional work.

Five feet tall, 1 foot wide, two inches thick.

As far as I know, no one makes five foot ones anymore*, I can only find four foot models. The numbers don't make sense. With the price we paid, they must sell at a premium even used, or we were fleeced.

Has anyone ever purchased five foot long panels?

Thanks!
      : )

*Nothing like them on Reverb, eBay, Amazon, or Sweetwater.

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by Just Lisa.
      Just Lisa
      Participant

can I upload photos?

John Gleason
        Participant

Hi Lisa,

I couldn't find a listing for any panels that size either. They are likely custom-made (hence, the premium price). Markets for them might include home theater, restaurants, and meeting rooms (they can always be re-covered or painted). You might check with local acoustic engineering firms to see if they might be interested. If they are non-standard (an acoustic engineer could confirm that), you may be looking at a loss when you sell.

Good luck!

John

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by John Gleason.
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.