Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs SONAR Using Aux Tracks and Patch Points

Tagged: 

• This topic has 18 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Robert McClellan.
Viewing 7 posts - 13 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Mark Moore
    Participant

Hey Sijel,
      Yessir, southpaw too. Is that a Gibson or Eppy LP you got there?

Robert McClellan
      Participant

Hey all! I use the aux tracks as a means to keep things in front of me. I also will use the same methods with either aux/patch points to blend, say a DI and an Amp source, then commit to that sound and record it to the aux track. You're right though Sonar is vast and powerful, yet often overlooked. I have a video that shows an example of this on my YouTube channel if you'd like to check it out sometime. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0gwN1pV9h0

Mark Moore
        Participant

Hey Robert, you're the Home Studio Simplified podcast guy. Nice to know you work in Sonar also.
          Nice job on the video. Good podcast, man.
          I've starting using aux tracks within folders for things like Warren's vocal thickening trick or duplicating a lead vocal and distorting it or creating a white noise track and gating it to the lead vocal and then blending those in with the lead vocal on choruses, etc.

Robert McClellan
          Participant

Thanks for the kind words man! I have learned a ton from Warren and then just applied it to Sonar. As for the podcast, I just had my favorite guest on this month, none other than Mr. Huart himself!

As for how you are currently using the aux tracks, Great usage of the tools man! Stay creative!

Dylan Hughes
            Participant

hello people ! : )

i am using Sonar Platinum. maybe i can learn some things here ... hehe.

Robert McClellan
              Participant

Here is a playlist full of helpful vids! I have a specific video on Aux Tracks and Patch Points as well!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwqZ0GPSfFgbc8gLCxaYngRGVvlaf57gI

Robert McClellan
                Participant

Absolutely!

Viewing 7 posts - 13 through 19 (of 19 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.