Academy Dashboard Forum Production Digital Recording Using Addictive Drums (or EZDrummer or Steven Slate, etc.)

• This topic has 16 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jim Folzman.
Viewing 5 posts - 13 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jim Folzman
    Participant

Ok, that's cool that it would work with Reaper like that. I hate having to export new drum parts every time I change one little thing.

Arthur Labus

Wait, so if you are working in Reaper and there is just "working stereo" track as wav from Hydrogen, and you working the same time with Hydrogen - if you export that drum audio to the same file, Reaper will update the file instantly.
        You don't have to import it every time.
        Sorry if it was not that clear.

Jim Folzman
        Participant

That's cool. I'll have to see it in action to completely understand how it works. Sounds a whole lot better than how I used to do it though.

Jonathan Parker
          Participant

I too have recently discovered Hydrogen. It's exactly what I've been looking for, for years. I used to use a program called Rhythm Brainz. Like, 20 years ago. It worked almost just like hydrogen and at the time I got really good with it. So, I'm all pumped up on hydrogen right now!

Jim Folzman
            Participant

Update. Superior Drummer 2 recently went on sale, and I snatched it up. Holy freaking amazeballs! I love it! I had a whole day to play around yesterday, and did this. It was an idea I had a couple weeks ago. Mix is a little rough, I need a legit mic for my acoustic guitar. My headphones, I've determined, are way too bright, and everything comes out with a less than brilliant quality to it. Enough with the disclaimer, here is what I did with Superior Drummer 2 with a day.
              https://youtu.be/93jL1CEFHxA

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Jim Folzman.
            Viewing 5 posts - 13 through 17 (of 17 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.