Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Pro Tools Thunderbolt 3 upgrade advice needed

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Toby Ellis.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tony Harp
    Participant

Hello,

Recently, my fire wire connected focusrite interface took the big dirtnap, again.
      So, I've decided to upgrade my windows system to thunderbolt connectivity.
      I am on a very stable windows system which I am upgrading to WIN 10 from WIN 7.
      I have an Apollo Twin MKII on the way. However, I realized that my mobo won't support the few thunderbolt 3 pcie cards that I can find. Sigh. Obviously, I'm extremely new to thunderbolt. Do I have any options for adding the proper connectivity to my setup?
      Or, do I have to upgrade my mobo altogether? My goal was to integrate tb3 into my rig, for now, until I can switch to a MAC. I can't afford that setup just yet, so I'm searching for a solution to get me by. Any and all advice is appreciated

Thanks!!!
      Tony

Toby Ellis
      Participant

Apollo Twin MK2 is TB2. So if you get a TB3 card you'll need an adapter. I would highly recommend contacting UAD support and asking what thunderbolt cards they support. I couldn't find the information on their website but I did find the system requirements for TB2/3 on Windows 10.
        https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/214617226-UA-Device-Compatibility-with-Apollo-Thunderbolt

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.