Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mixing The everlasting enemy.

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Fred Guggenberger.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Fred Guggenberger
    Participant

There is always this moment, when you think, you know how to do it. Before the next moment arrives ...

I was mixing a latin pop song. The singer sent me her vocal recordings by internet. It all sounded so great. Until I started mixing it ... Every time, she raised her power, there was this awful clipping / distortion. I was wondering, why it was not there before. Did the compressor made it pop up? Is it the volume level of the vocal recording, that is climbing up in that moments?

I couldn't find it and asked her for a new vocal recording ... .and another one .... always the same effect... I used EQ to get rid of it ... and ANY KIND OF SHIT you can use... nothing!

After I spent all that days with chasing my tail, I found the reason: Every time she was gaining energy in the chorus, the bass also got louder... harder... I went back and lowered the energy of the "evil bass notes". Done!

No matter, how smart you are: The bass player will aways be your enemy, waiting in the dark to make you pay for all the jokes you made about him. 😉

Kevin
      Participant

Yeah, bass players... A necessarily evil! Lol

Fred Guggenberger
        Participant

Haha, that's how it is. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.