Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Reaper The dark side

• This topic has 23 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Not_Here.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Mark Warner
    Participant

Hi,
      I am a big fan of Reaper. I have tried using other DAWs but always come back to it. Coming from an old school hardware background I found Reaper to be intuitive for me. I think I might be in a club of one here in PLaP but maybe others will join the dark side in time 🙂
      Cheers Mark

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by Mark Warner.
      Andrew Mckenzie
      Participant

I think you'll find at least a few people around here use Reaper, either as a main DAW or a secondary DAW like myself (primary is Reason). Great to see someone making a start on posting in this one, personally I "dabble" in it when I'm trying out plugins but have never really got the hang of it yet. So many DAWs.....so little time 🙂

Cheers...Andrew

Arthur Labus

Hi Mark,

i am on the "dark side" ! 🙂 I love the idea of ONE product without limitations of different versions (like Cubase ...) and unlimited tracks number is unbeatable (ok, with hardware limitation only ...)

I am using "Dark Side Imperial Theme", a mod of "White Tie Imperial Theme" so you see i do it the full monty LOL

Don't fear the dark side ....

Mark Warner
          Participant

Hi Andrew and Arthur,
            It's good to know I am not alone 🙂 I have other DAW's like Studio One (2) but I don't want to relearn everything so I stick with Reaper. The unlimited tracks is a real bonus now I am in PLaP as my average track count has doubled and trebled now I am applying Warren's information. My computer upgrade itself to windows 10 before Easter and it has messed up the appearance of Reaper a little so I need to look into a new theme to make it look better again. I guess I will go search the Cockos forum for some 🙂

Taking of Plugins, do either of you have experience of using Waves plugins with Reaper? I can't get a sensible answer out of Waves themselves about if they work or not.
            Cheers - Mark

Arthur Labus

Must check that Imperial Theme out Mark !
              It's awesome good looking and as analog as possible 🙂

And, sorry, no experience with Waves plugins

Mark Warner
              Participant

I checked it out Arthur, it is awesome, thank you for the suggestion 🙂

adam1094
                Participant

Firmly on the dark side with you!

Had to learn pro-tools for school and never really got into it. Always enjoyed the ease of use, ability to customize and the relatively small amount of crashes. Don't see ever using anything else.

-Adam

Arthur Labus

Welcome Adam ! Let's take a walk on the dark side 🙂

Mark Warner
                    Participant

I know what you mean Adam. I have not yet found anything that I can't do with Reaper so I think I will be sticking with it too 🙂

Arthur Labus

I found my favourite theme so far - http://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1747/LCS-mod_Short_Dark.zip

It is Imperial Theme based, but i like the "short" mixer and visualition of the groups.

Anders Isberg
                        Participant

I just gave in to the dark side and downloaded Reaper. Going to be interesting to see how we get along.

Arthur Labus

Welcome in the inner circle Anders ! 🙂

You will love the full usability without limits (tracks for example) and stability. Hope so 🙂
                            I am just after 60 days of testing and bought the license. It is hard going back to Cubase now ...

Have fun !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 24 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.