Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mixing Suggestions for Reducing Phaser/Flanger Effect on Guitar Track?

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Chester Oszustowicz.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wesley Evan Smith
    Participant

So, I'm mixing a multitrack recording with a guitar track that was recorded with a rather extreme phaser/flanger effect that the guitarist was using when recording the track. Does anyone have any tips, tricks, or suggestions as to how I might be able to reduce or remove the effect to salvage the quality of the guitar track? I'm using Pro Tools and I'm open to any plugins or techniques that might help to get the job done. Cheers and much appreciated!

Wesley Evan Smith
      Participant

Update: I'm having some reasonable improvement using a demo of the Acon Digital DeFilter plugin in taming the extremities of the phaser/flanger pedal that the guitarist used when recording the track. I'm still exploring options and open to suggestions from anyone who may have encountered and dealt with this type of issue with positive results.

In addition to the Acon Digital DeFilter plugin, I'm applying some creative editing, automation, and a couple of dub tactics to the guitar track to make it a unique and interesting element within the mix without sacrificing too much of the integrity of the original performance. It's a bit of a fallback if no other options pan out, but it may also end up being one of those "problems" that result in an unexpected benefit to the mix that otherwise wouldn't have happened. And, that's me being optimistic.

Chester Oszustowicz
        Participant

Nice tip thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.