Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Studio One Studio One in the Cloud

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Mark Holden.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    face (chris) Janton
    Participant

Lots of disk space problems will surface if you are trying to install 250 GB of sampled sound 😉

SampleTank 4 has about that much to install. I had not enough room on my 1 TB drive!

I decided to install Studio One into a folder on my OneDrive (interesting concept). It works. I was able to gain access to everything from 2 different machines, and I can "leave it in the cloud" for my tiny laptop.

41 GB of space freed on main drive.

IK Multimedia sounds and instruments are now on an external drive, but not OneDrive yet...311 GB of sounds. It will break my data cap 😉

I can put my Logic files out there as well, bringing the total to about 450 GB. An external SSD with all the libraries and sounds is probably in my future...

Mark Holden
      Participant

Nice idea

I'm thinking about (now that I've found the setting) to switch the default folder for install VST's Plugin's etc to an external drive and just move that between desktop and laptop. I'm assuming all I'll need to do then is to switch plugin licence to the machine I'm on at the time.

Mark

face (chris) Janton
        Participant

Licensing 'per machine' is a problem, but solvable.
          I have Studio One (and others) installed on multiple systems. I just use one of them at a time. No apparent issues. All of my VSTs behave. In theory I can boot any Mac with my external drive. With VSTs enabled for the system it should (and does, mostly) work.

Mark Holden
          Participant

Hello

yeah I'm running two machines so as you get 5 licences all is good with S1, Third party plugins are my thought I may try to get this sorted over the weekend to see if its works. Having them installed to a external drive that I plug into the machine I'm using at the time. This way I save drive space and to be honest a little bit of forward thought to move licences to the cloud wouldn't be too much hassle.

Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.