Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Studio One Studio One 3.2

• This topic has 23 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by pille.
Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Cris Sabater Sabater
    Participant

Hi guys, been sick all week but can't wait to get back to my studio and install 3.2! It sounds like more than a free update! So excited!

Cheers guys,

Cris

Cris Sabater Sabater
      Participant

To see some of the new features in v 3.2 check this link!

https://youtu.be/FaJ73BVdqvQ

Cheers,

Cris

Magnus Johansson
        Participant

Just toying around with the console shaper. OMG (In a really good way).

Lee Hawkins
          Participant

Console Shaper is a whole new level. They you can drive the channels to get analog distortion without digitally clipping. It actually behaves like a console. It's brilliant.

The editing and automation enhancements are killer too. Smart cursor.

Cris Sabater Sabater
            Participant

Hi guys, I tell you lads and ladies this is mustard! Cockney talk for great! I never thought I would see the day I could use my D.A.W as an analogue console but now I can. I am sure others will copy this. Pro tools have heat which came out a while back but this in my opinion is better. The fact that Presonus broke their leading sound engine to incorporate this is just class. Apparently this first console shaper is the SSL 4000! Me thinks Warren might like a look at this as he is an SSL man. Others to follow which will be paid but hey I have all the paid plugins and they are top draw and as good as anything else out there in my opinion.

Cheers guys,

Cris

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Cris Sabater Sabater.
              Cris Sabater Sabater
              Participant

Hi Lee,
                It is great mate! and the other updates are very useful too! I love the editing functions like a cross between pro tools and Logic. So quick an easy to edit now it is going to be so much fun! I noticed some people saying guitars are going down in volume when they drive the console shaper on it's bus but I think it may be that so many engineers at least young ones have only ever used digital and are not sure how analogue works. This update for me is mind blowing especially when you consider it is free!!

Cheers mate,

Cris

Lee Hawkins
                Participant

Cris, totally bonkers sounding. As Russ pointed out in the Studio One Expert video, it needs to go on a new mix as the gain staging is totally different and needs to be done from the start. People who have used consoles will understand this more. It's a classy edition that sounds incredible. Watch the new Groove 3 video where they record and mix drums. They sound killer. The best example of how it sounds when done properly.

I'm having so much fun. I have another remix to do for Pop Will Eat Itself next week. This is going to be used to the full. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cris Sabater Sabater
                  Participant

Hi Lee,
                    yeah mate I saw that and I don't think people understand. I will check out the Groove 3 vids, cheers for that. Have a great time with the re-mix mate! I think you are going to smash it mate!

P.S I also like the fact that they made an anti FIFA song seeing as I am a professional Footy coach too. That went down well with me! ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers mate,

Cris

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Cris Sabater Sabater.
                    Cris Sabater Sabater
                    Participant

Hi guys, I have been trying the new setup in 3.2 with console shaper. I have been trying out a new thing for me, I am an in the box guy and I use amp sims mostly. S-gear is what I use most and I thought I would try using my Blackstar HT-Distortion pedal as a pre-amp before the amp sim. Set at the right settings it really makes a difference. Once happy with that since console shaper needs to be used from the get go I switched it on the guitar bus and A/B the difference when playing. There is a difference with console shaper switched on! So even when tracking as Russ said in the video as long as you have low latency you are in a totally different ball game here. I have already A/B drums and the difference was night and day. You can just push those levels like in analogue! It is quite amazing! Very happy bunny here. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers guys,

Cris

pille
                      Participant

Hi,
                        I found a shortcut to gain staging since console shaper is pre, if you missed it. Make a macro, normalize audio and decrease volume by 12-14 db. Mark the audio events and voilรก. You are at a great starting point.

Kind Regards
                        Per

Rich Westphal
                        Participant

Hi pille,,,

Studio One has many options to use with Marcos, since its earliest versions,,, Did you make this one, and, could you share it ? You could post it in the Studio One Exchange at the Presonus site,,, Or share the link if that where you grabbed it,,, Some may like this one,,,

I find I do not like to normalize every track... If you find yourself spending more time trying to get the feel of the mix back, Normalizing all tracks might be why,,,
                          Thought you might this might help,,,

With the console shaper, the suggested gain stage is -18db,,, this is common with most emulations of a console.
                          Also, since it's a Buss option, that is where I apply the -18db,,, and we're all going to push them just a bit, lol...

Can't wait to see the plugins that will be offered , just hope I don't have them already, lol,,,

pille
                          Participant

Hi there The Rocker.
                            I just did a simple macro.
                            You can choose the tracks you want to gain stage.
                            I normally don't normalise tracks myself ๐Ÿ™‚ but in order to get the gain staging done quick I tried this one. It works.
                            I have this new mix session I'm about to start and wanted to go for the console shaper, and the tracks are all over the place regarding the gain. - 13dB worked for me. It's simple to change it to -18dB or any other number.
                            Please find attached screen shot on the macro

Kind Regards
                            Per

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 24 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.