Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mixing Stronger Multitrack

Tagged: 

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Mark Warner.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tim Morris
    Participant

Hi, I have just downloaded the "Stronger" tracks to have a play with and I just need a few pointers..

1. There are loads of various "mix" pairs, why so many and do I need to worry about these ?
      2. Do you generally bounce the L/R files to stereo tracks?

Many Thanks !

Mark Warner
      Participant

Hi Spark240,

I have not downloaded this track myself yet but generally the mix downs are reference tracks for comparison. They can give you something to aim for or to beat depending on your objectives. They give your ears a balance reference point.

Mono L and R tracks I don't bounce down as quite often they have separate processing for stereo etc ( panning, widening for example). They end up being sent to a stereo bus or a group or folder depending on your DAW so it's all good in the end. Sometimes stereo L and R are not true stereo files being two separate recordings like a guitar for instance, so keeping them mono enables you to edit individually too.

ATB Mark

Additional - Synth tracks I tend to record and keep in stereo because the amount of FX already on them but they would be the exception. Sometimes stereo files are more than 2 tracks as well. The result of a processed Mid/Side recording will produce 3 tracks for a stereo image being Left Right and Centre due to the phase related nature of the the mid/side process. Thinking about it I am more likely to split apart a stereo file than bounce down to one. Although final mixes and masters will be a stereo file.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Mark Warner.
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.